HITM for 04-17-2015 by Kentucky Performance Products – Las Vegas World Cup, Wild Hearts Author, Almost New Jumping Horse
Today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition we get a World Cup report from Reese & Philip in Las Vegas, have a chat with author Jessica Burkhart and EquiteeMfg.com Really Bad Ads features an almost new jumping horse and Red, who is very green. Listen in…
On today’s NATRC Trail Ride episode by Carri-Lite Corrals Alice has some springtime trail riding tips. Guests include Paula Riley, owner of Swiss Mocha who was recently inducted into the NATRC Hall of Fame, horse husband and musician Spencer Williams, and Catherine Peterson talks about packing into the wilderness. Listen in…
On today’s jam packed show we open with a lively discussion about the FEI’s proposed rule changes for Eventing, including listener Haley’s thoughts on the proposed new monikers. Mid show Dr. Wooten from Equine Performax at the Jaeckle Center explains the ECB Cold Leg Spa and closing the barn door well after the horse has escaped, Horse & Country TV’s Victoria Spicer got an update on who will and won’t be riding at Badminton this year. Listen in…
HITM for 04-14-2015 – Endurance Day with Karen Chaton – Pony Express Fun, ‘G’ the Wonder Horse, EDPP Defined with Dr. Kerr
Endurance Day with Karen Chaton opens with an interesting study on the affect on hydration when feeding to horses. Nicole Chappell stops by to talk about her 2400 miles of adventures with Golden Knight, the one eyed endurance wonder horse and Dr. Kerr explains EDPP. Listen in…
HITM for 04-13-2015 by Omega Alpha Equine – Del Mar Horse Show, Churchill Downs No Drone Zone, Rolex Picks
On today’s Omega Alpha Equine edition we get the low down on the Del Mar National Horse Show right after a quick look at the horse headlines from the weekend. After the break Leslie from Horse Nation has the Kleenex blog post of the week and Jenni from Eventing Nations shares her picks for Rolex Kentucky 3 Day Event. Listen in…
HITM for 04-10-2015 by Kentucky Performance Products – Horse Trailering Tips, S’up Sacks, Half Ton Horse
Trailering Tips from Horse & Hound and more trouble for Texan’s riding on the road get our Kentucky Performance Products freestyle Friday off to a great start. In the middle, Erica Berg tells us about a clever solution to keeping feed and supplements organized. EquiteeMfg.com Really Bad Ads features a horse with short facial hair and a six story tall Tennessee warlker. Listen in…
HITM for 04-09-2015 – Mary Kitzmiller – Training Other Equids, Biomechanics for Better Performance, Patrick & Sapp – Why Western Dressage
On today’s training with Mary Kitzmiller episode Mary compares training horses to other equids, a topic inspired by her recently acquired Zedonk. Guests include Shelby Hume on biomechanics for better performance, Sean Patrick and Marsha Sapp on western Dressage. Listen in…
HITM for 04-08-2015 by Back On Track – Listener Smoochies, Shortie’s Theory, 1st World Problems, Horse & Country TV
On today’s Back On Track edition we to a quick review of listener posted Smoochies to start the show. Shorty Tarpley stops by to gush over her new horse Theory on our My New Pony segment. After a mid show crappy list Horse & Country TV has the headlines. Listen in…
HITM for 04-07-2015 by Ece Equestrian – Which Summer Circuit, Miami Gobal Champions, Kama Pilots Air Force One
Today’s Ece Equestrian Jumper episode features Jennifer Woods Media with the Jumping News, Kama Godek on the USHJA Trainer Certification Program, Luan from TheEquestrianCorner.com has a stylish new softshell for spring, GoldenGro’s Dan Daley talks about his money back guarantee and Jen Blumenthal has the Ringside Report. Listen in…
HITM for 04-06-2015 by Omega Alpha Equine – Dawn Finds Wise Dan, Dr. Chang on Performance Recovery, HN Pranks, Rolex Preview
On today’s Omega Alpha Equine edition Glenn & Jamie bring on listener Dawn to talk about meeting none other than Wise Dan, Dr. Chang stops by to explain performance recovery so that even Glenn understands, Horse Nation reviews their favorite April Fools pranks and we get another Rolex KY 3-Day update. Listen in…
- HITM for 04-03-2015 by Kentucky Performance Products – Beach Jumping, Camping Trailers and Realli Badd Adzz
- HITM for 04-02-2015 – Classic Mash-Up: Barn Blunder, Robert Micklem on Eventing Bloodlines, You Know You’re A Horse Person When
- HITM for 04-01-2015 – My New Pony: Diva, Get A Grip on Horseshoes, Fecal Egg Count App
- HITM for 03-31-2015 by Omega Alpha Equine – Weekend Adventures, Shagya Arabians, Would You Rather Equestrian Edition
- HITM for 03-29-2015 by Kentucky Performance Products – Live at Road To The Horse Final Day
- HITM for 03-28-2015 by Kentucky Performance Products – Live at Road To The Horse
- HITM for 03-27-2015 by Kentucky Performance Products – Live at Road To The Horse Wildcard Competition
- HITM for 03-26-2015 by Biostar – Gremlins vs. Jaguars, Horsemanship Metaphor, Pebbles Gets a Reading, Jesse R. Peters
- HITM for 03-25-2015 – Victoria’s THAT Girl Moment, Cornell Farrier Q&A, Horses Love Hats
- HITM for 03-24-2015 – Horsemanship Radio – Monty Roberts International Learning Center Students Shaping The Future
- HITM for 03-23-2015 by Omega Alpha Equine – Live Oak Wrap Up, Winstar Stablemates Club, Wacky World of Horse Nation
- HITM for 03-20-2015 by Kentucky Performance Products – Secretariat’s Birthday, Total Horse Channel, Live from Live Oak, Bucking No Problem
- HITM for 03-19-2015 by Marker Cellars Winery – Coming Back to NATRC, President’s Cup Winner, Self Defense on Horseback
- HITM for 03-18-2015 by Back On Track – Studies Show, Darley Awards, Monty Roberts
- HITM for 03-17-2015 by CHA – Horse Agility is Fun For Everyone, Ride From Within for Longevity
- HITM for 03-16-2015 by Omega Alpha Equine – That Girl Robin Wins, USEF Network Livestream, Rolex KY 3-Day Preview
- HITM for 03-13-2015 by Kentucky Performance Products – Jamie Goes Viral, Breanne Listening Too Long, 6 Flakes for Liberty Book
- HITM for 03-12-2015 – Mary Kitzmiller – Countdown to Competition, Craig Johnson, James Cooler
- HITM for 03-11-2015 – Farrier’s Report Card, Your Horse as Weather Gauge, Vitamins & Minerals
- HITM for 03-10-2015 – Endurance Day with Karen Chaton – High Tech Pandora Saddles, Wayne Woolway & Jack Daniels
- HITM for 03-09-2015 by Omega Alpha Equine – Edward & Shared Belief Winners, Podtracker Passes the Test, Horse Nation, Welcome Thinline Products
- HITM for 03-06-2015 by Kentucky Performance Products – Live from Global Pet Expo
- HITM for 03-05-2015 with Road To The Horse: 21 Days and Counting
- HITM for 03-04-2015 by Back On Track – Jaeckle Centre Therapy Options, De-Wormer Labels Explained, Annoying Chicken
- HITM for 03-03-2015 by Ece Equestrian – Baby Horses & Freshie Flash, Drink Your Greens & Artist Brittany Brett
- HITM for 03-02-2015 by Omega Alpha Equine – Top Dogs, Immune Health & A French Lesson, Horsepacking, Hose Monster
- HITM for 02-27-2015 by Kentucky Performance Products – Llamas On The Loose, Cavallo Horse Boots, Bug Update from Down Under
- HITM for 02-26-2015 by Biostar – Ruby Loves Glitter, Visualize Your Way To Success, Holistic Dressage
- HITM for 02-25-2015 by Back On Track – Thor’s First Ride, Pasture Preservation Pointers, H&C TV
- HITM for 02-24-2015 by Index Fund Advisors – Back Country Horsemen of America and Good Horsemanship in Guatemala
Add another horse to the list of serious Kentucky Derby contenders. On Saturday, Materiality won his third race in three career starts with an impressive showing in the Grade 1 Florida Derby. The Todd Pletcher trained colt by Afleet Alex outlasted race favorite Upstart in a heated battle down the stretch to claim his first graded stakes win and punch his ticket for the Kentucky Derby.
There are few achievements in any sport as difficult as winning horse racing’s Triple Crown. It’s not uncommon for a horse to ‘come close’ and win two of the three Triple Crown races—the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes. Forty seven horses have won two of the three Triple Crown races. Twenty three have won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, leaving them on the verge of immortality heading into the Belmont Stakes.
Cheltenham festival is nothing but it is a horse racing festivals. Cheltenham Festival 2015 is done in a huge manner. It was an awesome one; one can enjoy a lot in it. Now it is the time for the wonderful and gorgeous Cheltenham festival which is going to be held on 10th of March 2015. The teams are getting to ready to prepare their team for the festival. All the people are eagerly waiting for the festival. The winner is awarded with a gold cup.
The Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Grand National are without a doubt the two biggest dates in the British racing calendar. Each event brings with it some spectacular sights as well as some dramatic action on the racecourses themselves. For those not fortunate enough to attend the live events there’s always the appeal of taking part in a little gambling action. And unlike so many other events that you can bet on it seems everyone enjoys having a little fun and a flutter on these fantastic races.
This year sees the 168th Grand National as the leading horses, riders, trainers and owners compete to win Europe’s most prestigious racing prize. The three day racing festival takes place at the historic Aintree racecourse in Liverpool from 9 to 11 April and promises the biggest celebration of horse racing ever. So here’s what to expect.
Charity City of Hope has been named as the official charity of this year’s 2014 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, it has been confirmed.
Every Wednesday morning at 10:00 am Eastern a horsey Celebrity plays a three round trivia match against a Horse Radio Network listener. Win fantastic prizes and should the celebrity win the prizes are donated to the celebrity’s charity of choice. SIGN UP TO PLAY today, it is simple: 1. Fill out the form below. 2. […]
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is once again almost upon us and once again it’s Bobs Worth who is the horse to beat. Just a little under two months away, the nine-year-old heads 36 entries for the Cup and is unbeaten at the Festival in three successive races, taking the 2011 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle and the 2012 RSA Chace, before taking the cup in an astonishing win last year.
In looking ahead to upcoming horse races, it can be a bit hard to sort through the pile and focus on the favourites. The bottom line is, there are so many races going on throughout the UK at a given time, that those who wish to really follow horses and bet on races need to be on their toes, keeping track of daily matches and events. That said, however, most of us like to save our betting activity and sport following for the weekends, and with that in mind, here’s a look ahead at some of this coming Friday’s (August 30) races in the UK, and specifically at Chester. Keep in mind that betting may not be open yet for these matches, but as the week wears on you should see odds opening up on Betfair news and local racing sites. On to the races!
Regardless of your reason for keeping horses, it is important to provide them with a safe, warm and nurturing environment. Whether you intend to train them as race horses or simply keep them as beloved family pets, they will need to be given a home where they are stimulated and offered the very finest in nutritional food. With this in mind, it is crucial that you maintain a functional and practically laid out stable that provides your horses with enough space to life comfortably on a daily basis.