Today we learn about hock injections with Dr. Wittich from Hagyard Equine, Tammy Sronce shares her experience dealing with a Keratoma Tumor and Horse & Country TV’s Victoria Spicer has the headlines from Europe. Listen in…
05-24-2016 – Women In Rodeo by Horseware Ireland – Rock Star Vet Ray, Amberley Snyder Inspires, MRA Alums
On Today’s Women in Rodeo by Horseware edition Dr. Chris Ray talks about being a Rock Star Vet, Amberley Snyder speaks to being a barrel racer, roper and motivational speaker, Amy Rodgers and Rhianna Russell talk about Miss Rodeo Alum. Lorinda’s biz tip asks; Are You a Giver or a Taker? Listen in…
Traveling the Oregon Trail in a mule pulled covered wagon is today’s journey. With the help of Liz Covart and the Ben Franklin’s Podcast we take the journey west with Rinker Buck, author of “Oregon Trail, A New American Journey. Listen in…
HITM for 05-20-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – All About Electrolytes, Karen Loves Leo, Belgian with a Touch of Morgan
On today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition Karen Isberg stops by to answer listener questions about electrolytes, we enjoy some Preakness history and then pick our favorites and Really Bad Ads has just a touch of Morgan. Listen in…
Dr. Val Jaffee weighs in on preventing post ride soreness for you and your horse, Kate Love tells us about the Texas Trail Challenge, Paige Macqueen explains how dressage helps gaited horses and Alice & Jenn geek out on all things trail and training. Listen in….
HITM for 05-18-2016 by Back On Track – Ashker’s TB’s Journey, Nutrient Depletion, Horse & Country TV Report
On today’s Back On Track Products Wednesday edition we cover the latest horse headlines, check in with Valerie Ashker on week 1 of her cross country trip, learn about nutrient depletion with Tigger and cover the latest from Horse & Country TV. Listen in…
On this Certified Horsemanship Association episode we learn about equine assisted activities to enhance your horsemanship or your riding programs with Gary Miller and Jessica Mohr. Plus, a Zac Efron story too! Listen in…
HITM for 05-16-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Q& A with Dr. Ying, Animal Arts, Lady Martha Adventures, Royal Windsor
Today Fiona Atkins gives us a report from the Royal Windsor Horse Show, architect Heather Lewis talks about designing vet clinics, Horse Nation’s Leslie has some new Lady Martha adventures to share and Dr. Wendy answers listener questions from the co-host chair about tendon injuries, pink lips and why she does’t want you to send her a picture of your horse from your cell phone. Listen in…
HITM for 05-14-2016 Women In Rodeo by Debi Lynn Designs – Racer Kelly Tovar, Alexis Bloomer and 7 Social Media Musts
Debi Lynn Designs presents radio host Alexis Bloomer from “Alexis Bloomer, Off the Record”, WPRA Barrel Racer Kelly Tovar and Heather presents seven social media musts. Plus, WIR Hot Topics and fashion with Katie’s Case. Listen in…
HITM for 05-13-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Show Jumping Prodigy Rhys Williams, Picky In A Hurd
Today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition features Irish Show Jumping Prodigy Rhys Williams, Queen Elizabeth and Prince William in the headlines and a bad ad for horse children and a horse who doesn’t want to go anywhere. Listen in…
HITM for 05-12-2016 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – Training Q&A, TB Makeover Free Style Fun, Mustang Makeover Winner Saap
This On today’s Training with Mary Kitzmiller by Horseware we answer listener questions about positive reinforcement training, improving softness in senior horses, getting sticky horses moving and lots more. Guests include Steuart Pittman on the 2016 Thoroughbred Makeover and Florida Mustang Makeover winner Marsha Hartford-Saap. Listen in…
On today’s show listener Rossy provides a quiz of common horse phrases in Spanish, we take a look at dehydration in horses with Hagyard Equine and Horse & Country TV has the European Report and some Queen talk. Listen in…
HITM for 05-10-2016 by the AERC – Slickest Mud Ever, Happy Feet, AERC Drug Testing Update, New Adventure in Africa
On today’s AERC Endurance Episode Endurance Episode Karen’s hair raising road trip prompts a discussion about cameras with Distance Depot’s Kristen, Mike from Redmond Equine talks about bentonite clay, Dr. Mero updates us on the AERC’s drug policy and horse heroes Devan Horn and Justin Nelzen tell us about anew ride in Africa. Listen in…
HITM for 05-09-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Derby/Badminton Wrap, Hormone Support, Intern Haley and Joy’s New Horses
A packed show with a Kentucky Derby and Badminton wrap, Dr. Chang from Omega Alpha Equine on Hormone Support, Listener Joy Orr on her new babies, the Wacky World of Horses with Horse Nation and Intern Haley graduates college with the longest title ever. Listen in…
HITM for 05-06-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Anne Eberhardt from Churchill, Kentucky Derby Picks, Mean Mare
Today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition features Photography Director for Blood-Horse Publications Anne Eberhardt, Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks picks and a free rooster with every purchase. Listen in…
- HITM for 05-05-2016 – Kentucky Derby History Fun Facts & Trivia, Penny Chenery & Patti Reeves
- HITM for 05-04-2016 by Back On Track – Equestrians on Airplanes, Common Vet Emergencies, H&C TV, T-Shirts for NetPosse
- HITM for 05-03-2016 Ece Equestrian Jumping by Walsh Products – Rio Update, Show String Management, Portable Stalls
- HITM for 05-02-2016 – Classic Revisit: Justin Zayat on American Pharoah, Dewey Square in TB Makeover
- HITM for 05-01-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Bates Saddles Presents Live at Rolex Sunday
- HITM for 04-30-2016 by Bates Saddles – Horse Husband Special at Rolex
- HITM for 04-29-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Bates Saddles Live at Rolex Friday
- HITM for 04-28-2016 – Horse Husbands: Leslie’s Husband and Wendy’s BF
- HITM for 04-27-2016 – A Special from Lynn Palm’s Fox Grove Farm
- HITM for 04-26-2016 Women In Rodeo by Horseware Ireland – Champion Sherry Cervi, Rhinestones and Miss Rodeo America
- HITM for 04-25-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Zeus’ First Show, Bunnie Sexton Ready for Rolex, Springsteen’s Gucci Gear
- HITM for 04-22-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Elisa Wallace 2 Mustangs and a Thoroughbred, Awesome Jersey Cowhorse
- HITM for 04-21-2016 by NATRC & Spalding Fly Predators – Horse Hero Justin Nelzen, President’s Cup Winner and Fly Predators
- HITM for 04-20-2016 by Back On Track – Barb Crabo Rolex Bound, Riding Rules for Old Women, Transitioning to Whole Foods
- HITM for 04-19-2016 by CHA – Choosing Summer Camp or Lesson Program
- HITM for 04-18-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Arkansas Derby, Shoes or Boots, Looking at Rolex 3-Day
- HITM for 04-16-2016 Women In Rodeo by Debi Lynn Designs – Be A Lady Boss, Shada Brazile, Entrepeneur Katie Shaa, TV Reporter Kadee Coffman
- HITM for 04-15-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Zeus Jumps, Amazing Farms with Julie Breedlove, Mares With Attitudes
- HITM for 04-14-2016 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – California Bridle Horse, Your Training Questions Answered
- HITM for 04-13-2016 by HRN Auditors – Glenn Calls Out A List, Bacterial vs. Fungal Treatment, Would You Rather, Weight Loss Nation
- HITM for 04-12-2016 by the AERC – Ashker OTTB’s to Cross America, 20 Mule Team 100 Stories, FEI World Championships Update
- HITM for 04-11-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Lindsay Steps Up, Power of Laughter, George Morris vs. Secretariat
- HITM for 04-08-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Scott Trees Video Series, BLM Trainer Ambassador Pilot Program, Bay Filly Colt Needs Remodel
- HITM for 04-07-2016 by Remote Coach – Aussie: DownUnder Extreme Cowboys and the Cobalt Scandal
- HITM for 04-06-2016 by Back On Track – Katie Wins Big, H&C TV, Leah Lang-Gluscic, Is That a Bra in Your Trailer?
At next months Grand National at Aintree, Many Clouds will look to become the first horse to successfully defend its title since the legendary Red Rum in 1974. However, before his date with destiny, trainer Oliver Sherwood looks set to use the Gold Cup at the Cheltenham Festival next week as a test of his horse’s credentials. Having […]
2015 is drawing to a close and the New Year is virtually upon us. Let’s look ahead to the 2016 racing calendar and see if the sport can go from strength to strength within sporting circles and also as part of the mainstream consciousness. What is the most famous young jockey and can they become someone people […]
The 2015 Royal Ascot meeting begins on Tuesday 16th June and is one of the most eagerly anticipated sporting events of the year. The meeting, which attracts over 300,000 spectators every year, is set to feature some of the best flat racers in the world, and will be ridden by a number of the greatest […]
The 5 Best Horse Racing Biographies
Add another horse to the list of serious Kentucky Derby contenders. On Saturday, Materiality won his third race in three career starts with an impressive showing in the Grade 1 Florida Derby. The Todd Pletcher trained colt by Afleet Alex outlasted race favorite Upstart in a heated battle down the stretch to claim his first graded stakes win and punch his ticket for the Kentucky Derby.
There are few achievements in any sport as difficult as winning horse racing’s Triple Crown. It’s not uncommon for a horse to ‘come close’ and win two of the three Triple Crown races—the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes. Forty seven horses have won two of the three Triple Crown races. Twenty three have won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, leaving them on the verge of immortality heading into the Belmont Stakes.
Cheltenham festival is nothing but it is a horse racing festivals. Cheltenham Festival 2015 is done in a huge manner. It was an awesome one; one can enjoy a lot in it. Now it is the time for the wonderful and gorgeous Cheltenham festival which is going to be held on 10th of March 2015. The teams are getting to ready to prepare their team for the festival. All the people are eagerly waiting for the festival. The winner is awarded with a gold cup.
The Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Grand National are without a doubt the two biggest dates in the British racing calendar. Each event brings with it some spectacular sights as well as some dramatic action on the racecourses themselves. For those not fortunate enough to attend the live events there’s always the appeal of taking part in a little gambling action. And unlike so many other events that you can bet on it seems everyone enjoys having a little fun and a flutter on these fantastic races.
This year sees the 168th Grand National as the leading horses, riders, trainers and owners compete to win Europe’s most prestigious racing prize. The three day racing festival takes place at the historic Aintree racecourse in Liverpool from 9 to 11 April and promises the biggest celebration of horse racing ever. So here’s what to expect.
Charity City of Hope has been named as the official charity of this year’s 2014 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, it has been confirmed.
Every Wednesday morning at 10:00 am Eastern a horsey Celebrity plays a three round trivia match against a Horse Radio Network listener. Win fantastic prizes and should the celebrity win the prizes are donated to the celebrity’s charity of choice. SIGN UP TO PLAY today, it is simple: 1. Fill out the form below. 2. […]
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is once again almost upon us and once again it’s Bobs Worth who is the horse to beat. Just a little under two months away, the nine-year-old heads 36 entries for the Cup and is unbeaten at the Festival in three successive races, taking the 2011 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle and the 2012 RSA Chace, before taking the cup in an astonishing win last year.
In looking ahead to upcoming horse races, it can be a bit hard to sort through the pile and focus on the favourites. The bottom line is, there are so many races going on throughout the UK at a given time, that those who wish to really follow horses and bet on races need to be on their toes, keeping track of daily matches and events. That said, however, most of us like to save our betting activity and sport following for the weekends, and with that in mind, here’s a look ahead at some of this coming Friday’s (August 30) races in the UK, and specifically at Chester. Keep in mind that betting may not be open yet for these matches, but as the week wears on you should see odds opening up on Betfair news and local racing sites. On to the races!
Regardless of your reason for keeping horses, it is important to provide them with a safe, warm and nurturing environment. Whether you intend to train them as race horses or simply keep them as beloved family pets, they will need to be given a home where they are stimulated and offered the very finest in nutritional food. With this in mind, it is crucial that you maintain a functional and practically laid out stable that provides your horses with enough space to life comfortably on a daily basis.