12-02-2016 by KPPUSA.com – All Ears Selfie App, Chad Interview with Commentary, Two Rotten Little Donkeys
On today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition we learn about the Ears Up App from Leslie, Jamie adds commentary to Chad’s Radiothon interview and bad ads features a lunatic Morgan mare and two rotten little donkeys. Listen in…
Today’s Draft Horse Journal episode by Clydesdale Breeders of the U.S. features Albert Cleve, Dave Backman from Regal Marketing Group and holiday gift ideas for Draft Fans. Listen in…
11-30-16 – Kristian Bush Uncut, GlamourAlls for Horse Gals, 2 Year Pregnancy, HorseLoverz.com Complete List
On today’s show equestrian entrepreneur Ashley Godwin talks about GlamourAlls and becoming a racehorse owner with a little help from California Chrome’s connections, we get to hear the entire interview with Kristian Bush from Sugarland and we get more details on why Jamie is going to be pregnant for the next two years. Listen in…
11-26-2016 Weekend Plaidcast – Garson and D’Ambrosio New Circuit, Peter Wylde Emerging Athletes Program
This month’s Weekend Plaidcast by Plaid Horse Magazine and Epona Exchange Piper and Sissy chat with Nona Garson and George D’Ambrosio about introducing a new circuit. Peter Wylde explains the Emerging Athletes Program. Listen in…
On this Kentucky Performance Products edition we share some of the things listeners are thankful for, we take a look at the weirdest things horses have eaten and Victoria of Horse and Country TV should have stopped talking while she was ahead. Listen in…
11-22-2016 by Horseware – Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame, In The Reins Author Kade, Pop Wagner Old Fashioned Cowboy
On today’s Horseware Western Adventure Brooke & Glenn chat with Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame Director Kent Sturman, In The Reins author Carly Kade and musician and Mohair Cinch maker Pop Wagner. Listen in…
In today’s Omega Alpha Equine Monday edition Glenn has some HRN Holiday Radiothon pre-views, Gayle Stewart tells us about two Kennedy era horses, Black Jack and Macaroni. Plus, Horse Nation prompts another look back at Leslie’s troubled pony-less childhood. Listen in…
In this Weekend Plaidcast Tom O’Mara and Piper are joined by Auburn Rider Ashton Alexander and University of Georgia Rider Lindsey Cheek. Plus, they review the latest from the NCEA season. Listen in…
On today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition we learn about coprolite and Megasus Horserunners; Jamie shares her latest horse shopping woes and bad ads features a horse with a counterfeit buck. Listen in…
On this NATRC Trail Episode Doug Elam on trailer safety, we meet the new Executive Administrator of NATRC Sarah Rinne, Bambi Lang on her riding trip to India on the Marwari horses. Listen in…
Today we are joined by Garn Walker who explains Cowboy Dressage and how it differs from Western Dressage, Dr. Renz the weed doctor dissects hay and Horse & Country TV’s Victoria Spicer has the latest from across the pond. Listen in…
On this Certified Horsemanship Association episode by Equi-Health Canada Tara Gamble and Teresa Kackert explain advanced work for English & Western riders including: turnback, rollback, leg yield, half pass and two track. Listen in…
In today’s Omega Alpha Equine Monday edition Reese Koffler-Stanfield recounts the wild she had on the way to her USDF Reserve Championship, international dressage rider Katherine Bateson Chandler shares stories from European tour and Horse Nation hits the laugh track. Listen in…
Aussie Weekend features the miracle recovery of Love Ina Chevy after being bitten by a deadly King Brown snake and Grand Prix Dressage Rider David Shoobridge on riding in the Carl Hester Clinic. Listen in…
In this Weekend Plaidcast Tom O’Mara of the NCEA and Piper review the latest from the NCAA season. They are joined by the Shorty’s NCEA Reining Rider of the Month Ebba Lange and EquiFit Equitation on the Flat Rider of the Month Natalie Wendt. Listen in…
- 11-11-2016 by KPPUSA.com – Para Olympian Lauren Barwick, Myrtle Beach Ride and the Cutest Little Jerk
- 11-10-2016 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – Samantha Reed’s Mustang Mare, Q& A: Mounting Block, Collection and More
- Special Preview of 2nd Annual Holiday Radiothon by Weatherbeeta
- 11-09-2016 – Unicorns, Zeus Clipboard Destroyer, Cribbing Questions, Tami Smith’s European Tour
- 11-08-2016 – Endurance Day – Endurance Mustangs with Mark Montgomery, Long Rider Szesciorka
- 11-07-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Breeder’s Cup Review, Joint Support Decoded, WEG 2018 or Bust!
- 11-04-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Exterminator Author McGraw, Breeders Cup Picks, Tryon Gets WEG
- 11-03-2016 by Clydesdale Breeders – Horse Progress Days, Farrier Lynch, Youth Exhibitor Westerfeld, Gentle Giants TV
- 11-02-2016 – Arctic Gear Riding Skirts, Blanketing Tip, TLAER Emergency Preparedness
- 11-01-2016 Ece Equestrian Jumping by Walsh Products – Washington Recap, Lauren Hough, Gobal Tour Finals, Darragh Kenny
- 10-31-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Lynn’s Wolf Spirit Weanling, Horse Nation Relationship Advice, TB Makeover Winner Partridge
- 10-28-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Stephanie Live from TB Makeover, Mary Miller Jordan, Jamie Passes The Test, Booger
- HITM 10-27-2016 – Horse Husband Roundtable, It’s all in The Tight Breeches
- 10-26-2016 – USEF on Horse Protection Act, Saddle Fit Webinar, Flag Is Up Fun, H&C TV
- 10-25-2016 by Horseware – Equestrian Entrepreneur Knack, Para Reiner Champ Bartlett, Mounted Archer Novotny
- 10-24-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Exam Time at Flag Is Up, Manhattan College Equestrians, Fun Candy Facts, Horse Nation
- 10-22-2016 Weekend Plaidcast – Tom O’Mara on Collegiate Equestrian, Stacia Madden and TJ O’Mara
- 10-21-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Spanish Mustangs, Beet Pulp Facts, Harry & Snowman, 12 yr Horse Pony
- 10-20-2016 by NATRC – Bluebonnet Horse Expo, Horse Trails, Camping and Therapy
- 10-19-16 – Chicken Lady, Festival of the Holistic Horse, Joint Support, Emma’s Body Clipping Tips, H&C TV
- 10-18-2016 – CHA – Value of Association Membership with NRHA’s Carpenter, AQHA’s Huffhines
- 10-17-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Nicole Meets Dujardin, Palomino Heritage, What Horse People Love
- 10-14-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Bobby Murphy Creative Course Design, Free Alpaca With Pony Purchase
- 10-13-2016 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – Positive Reinforcement First Steps, Justin Dunn, Listener Q&A, Goats vs. Pebras
- 10-12-2016 – Barn Cats, Equine Recuperative Therapies, Horse & Country TV, Crazy Horse Headlines
With the countdown to the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe at Chantilly well underway, news that former favourite La Cressonniere has been pulled from the iconic race will come as a disappointment to many. Trainer Jean-Claude Rouget revealed the the recent winner of the French 1,000 Guineas and Oaks has an injury concern…
At next months Grand National at Aintree, Many Clouds will look to become the first horse to successfully defend its title since the legendary Red Rum in 1974. However, before his date with destiny, trainer Oliver Sherwood looks set to use the Gold Cup at the Cheltenham Festival next week as a test of his horse’s credentials. Having […]
2015 is drawing to a close and the New Year is virtually upon us. Let’s look ahead to the 2016 racing calendar and see if the sport can go from strength to strength within sporting circles and also as part of the mainstream consciousness. What is the most famous young jockey and can they become someone people […]
The 2015 Royal Ascot meeting begins on Tuesday 16th June and is one of the most eagerly anticipated sporting events of the year. The meeting, which attracts over 300,000 spectators every year, is set to feature some of the best flat racers in the world, and will be ridden by a number of the greatest […]
The 5 Best Horse Racing Biographies
Add another horse to the list of serious Kentucky Derby contenders. On Saturday, Materiality won his third race in three career starts with an impressive showing in the Grade 1 Florida Derby. The Todd Pletcher trained colt by Afleet Alex outlasted race favorite Upstart in a heated battle down the stretch to claim his first graded stakes win and punch his ticket for the Kentucky Derby.
There are few achievements in any sport as difficult as winning horse racing’s Triple Crown. It’s not uncommon for a horse to ‘come close’ and win two of the three Triple Crown races—the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes. Forty seven horses have won two of the three Triple Crown races. Twenty three have won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, leaving them on the verge of immortality heading into the Belmont Stakes.
Cheltenham festival is nothing but it is a horse racing festivals. Cheltenham Festival 2015 is done in a huge manner. It was an awesome one; one can enjoy a lot in it. Now it is the time for the wonderful and gorgeous Cheltenham festival which is going to be held on 10th of March 2015. The teams are getting to ready to prepare their team for the festival. All the people are eagerly waiting for the festival. The winner is awarded with a gold cup.
The Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Grand National are without a doubt the two biggest dates in the British racing calendar. Each event brings with it some spectacular sights as well as some dramatic action on the racecourses themselves. For those not fortunate enough to attend the live events there’s always the appeal of taking part in a little gambling action. And unlike so many other events that you can bet on it seems everyone enjoys having a little fun and a flutter on these fantastic races.
This year sees the 168th Grand National as the leading horses, riders, trainers and owners compete to win Europe’s most prestigious racing prize. The three day racing festival takes place at the historic Aintree racecourse in Liverpool from 9 to 11 April and promises the biggest celebration of horse racing ever. So here’s what to expect.
Charity City of Hope has been named as the official charity of this year’s 2014 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, it has been confirmed.
Every Wednesday morning at 10:00 am Eastern a horsey Celebrity plays a three round trivia match against a Horse Radio Network listener. Win fantastic prizes and should the celebrity win the prizes are donated to the celebrity’s charity of choice. SIGN UP TO PLAY today, it is simple: 1. Fill out the form below. 2. […]
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is once again almost upon us and once again it’s Bobs Worth who is the horse to beat. Just a little under two months away, the nine-year-old heads 36 entries for the Cup and is unbeaten at the Festival in three successive races, taking the 2011 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle and the 2012 RSA Chace, before taking the cup in an astonishing win last year.
In looking ahead to upcoming horse races, it can be a bit hard to sort through the pile and focus on the favourites. The bottom line is, there are so many races going on throughout the UK at a given time, that those who wish to really follow horses and bet on races need to be on their toes, keeping track of daily matches and events. That said, however, most of us like to save our betting activity and sport following for the weekends, and with that in mind, here’s a look ahead at some of this coming Friday’s (August 30) races in the UK, and specifically at Chester. Keep in mind that betting may not be open yet for these matches, but as the week wears on you should see odds opening up on Betfair news and local racing sites. On to the races!
Regardless of your reason for keeping horses, it is important to provide them with a safe, warm and nurturing environment. Whether you intend to train them as race horses or simply keep them as beloved family pets, they will need to be given a home where they are stimulated and offered the very finest in nutritional food. With this in mind, it is crucial that you maintain a functional and practically laid out stable that provides your horses with enough space to life comfortably on a daily basis.