HITM for 03-12-2014 by Road to the Horse – Growing Up Country, Shawna Karrasch Foils A Mugger and Stampede of Dreams Wins!
On today’s Road to the Horse edition we wax poetic about what it’s like to grow up in the country, Shawna Karrasch offers assistance to reform PT Scooter the mugging pony and Frankie Lovato joins the fun for Equiteemfg.com Celebrity Trivia Challenge. Listen in…
On today’s Action Rider Tack endurance episode Karen, as is her usual habit, opens the show with yet another smile inducing ride story followed up with some great rider ride recovery advice. Next up Shannon Weil tells us about her adventures with and book about Linda Tellington-Jones. Rounding out the show Connie Creech talks about riding seventy five 100 mile races, and why she wants to do more! Listen in…
HITM for 03-10-2014 by Omega Alpha Equine – Santa Anita Handicap Re-cap, Spring Fitness for Horses, 4 Lists for Horse People
On today’s Omega Alpha Equine we open with a melancholy recap of Santa Anita Handicap, work on a spring fitness plan for our horses with Diane Little and we cop a laugh over some science facts horse people should know with the wacky world of Horse Nation by High Visibility Sportswear. Listen in…
HITM for 03-07-2014 by Kentucky Performance Products – Mares or Geldings Better, Ranching Bloodlines, Crappy Appy
This week’s Kentucky Performance Products Freestyle Friday guest co-host Lisa Wysocky joins Glenn in touting the advantages of mares over geldings. Next up we chat with Dale Simanton from Horse Creek Thoroughbreds about bloodlines that make great ranch horses. In the home stretch, Really Bad Ads offers up a different perspective on mares; crappy mares, mares that don’t load on trailers, mares with lots of go, and so many more. Listen in…
HITM for 03-06-2014 – Classic Thursday: Vaccine Drama, Two Tips, Cauliflower, Catch A Star, Grandma Broke Horse
Today’s Classic Thursday episode features vaccine trauma drama, helpful hints for horse folks, controversial cauliflower, Caitlin Sillman’s Catch A Star come back story and an over the top group of bad ads. Listen in…
HITM for 03-05-2014 by Back On Track – Building A Vet Kit, Re-Purposed Decor, Max Corcoran for the Tie!
On today’s Back On Track Wednesday edition we survey who’s emergency vet kit is best supplied, get some great ideas on re-purposing horse stuff to decorate your home with Shelly Gerritsma and Max Corcoran joins the fun for Equiteemfg.com Celebrity Trivia Challenge. Listen in…
Today we bring you an unbelievable roundtable discussing horsemanship today with Monty Roberts, Eitan Beth-Alchemy, Richard Winters, Dr. Robert Miller and Tom Spalding. Plus, hear all about Light Hands Horsemanship and Monty explains ritualistic habituation. Listen in…
On today’s Omega Alpha Equine edition we analyse the Oscars, wrap up the Winter Equestrian Festival with Ece Equestrian’s Emily Thompson, learn about energy support with Dr. Chang from Omega Alpha Equine and study the logic of saddle pad collecting with the wacky world of Horse Nation by High Visibility Sportswear. Listen in…
HITM for 02-28-2014 by Kentucky Performance Products – Thoughts On Blanketing, Secretariat’s Meadow, Keep Halter Hidden
This week’s Kentucky Performance Products Freestyle Friday Glenn performs an Academy Award worthy recitation of the thought process required to properly blanket a horse. In the middle of the show we chat with Leeanne Ladin about the Secretariat Birthday Celebration happening at his birthplace in Virginia. In the home stretch, Really Bad Ads warms up our laugh muscles in anticipation of a fun, horse filled weekend. Listen in…
HITM for 02-27-2014 Classic Thursday: Aiken Adventure, Mucho Macho Man Wins Again, iPods and Kids on Horses, Celeb Phobias
On today’s Classic Re-visit, Glenn recounts his amazing Aiken adventure, Dean Reeves shares the thrill of Mucho Macho Man’s win at the Awesome Again Stakes, Tina Caswell tells us how iPods and horses are helping autistic kids and Horse Nation finds fun celebrity phobias. Listen in…
- HITM for 02-26-2014 – Horse Person Identifiers, Get to Know Cashel, Julie Goodnight Trivia
- HITM for 02-25-2014 by High Visibility North America – Safety Pop Quiz, Nicole LeMay Update, Tips for Safer Trail Riding
- HITM for 02-24-2014 by Omega Alpha Equine – Puddle Pony Video Goes Viral, Fix Your Riding, Horse Nation Quiz
- HITM for 02-21-2014 by Kentucky Performance Products – Under 30 Endurance Star, Ex-Racehorse Ambassador, Rodeo Queening Horse
- HITM for 02-20-2014 Classic Thursday: Green Bananas, Uninspired List, Mr. Ed, PeeWee QH
- HITM for 02-19-2014 by Back On Track – Corporate Logo Truths, Charges of Riding Furiously, Settle Down Cinderella
- HITM for 02-18-2014 by Free Ride Western Safety Stirrups – Certified Horsemanship Assn. Cantering and Lead Changes
- HITM for 02-17-2014 by Omega Alpha Equine – Horse Nation Relationship Advice, Global Dressage Forum, Winter Equestrian Festival
- HITM for 02-14-2014 by Kentucky Performance Products – Smoothstride Pays It Forward, Seabiscuit’s Home, No Rear Horse 4 Sale
- HITM for 02-13-2014 – Horsemanship Radio Episode 9 by Index Fund Advisors IFA.com – Young People and Young Horses Horses the World Over
- HITM for 02-12-2014 – Westminster Mutt Show, Good Teeth for Good Health and Reeves Tries Trivia
- HITM for 02-11-2014 by Action Rider Tack – Connie Leads Century Club, Barbara White on Tevis Trail and Green Beans
- HITM for 02-10-2014 by Omega Alpha Equine – Santa Anita, Beeping Heels Down, Chocolate Covered WHAT?
- HITM for 02-07-2014 by Kentucky Performance Products – Your a Horse Person When, Socializing OTTB’s, Saddle Farm Barn
- HITM for 02-06-2014 Classic Thursday: The Alternate Colic Choice Close, 10 Mistakes, Sudden Siegfried Saddle
- HITM for 02-05-2014 by Back On Track – Sochi Tweets, Eventing Bloodlines, Celebrity Trivia with Gina Miles
- HITM for 02-04-2013 by EquusNow! – Talk Talk with Bits, Books and Bridles
- HITM for 02-03-2014 by Omega Alpha Equine – KHP’s Nicholson, Hormone Health, Smooth Stride Jeans, Live from Wellington
- HITM for 01-31-2014 by Kentucky Performance Products – Kayla Horse Shops in Ireland, Speed Silks, Bud Commercial Star Don Jeanes, Taxidermy Trade
- HITM for 01-30-2014 by Hawk’s Flight Productions – Special Arabian Episode, News and Pics
- HITM for 01-29-2014 – Jamie Does the Traffic Report, Wellington Fundraiser, Winning Brits, Equestrian’s To Do List
- HITM for 01-28-2014 by High Visibility North America – Road Rules, Jordan Sets an Example, Safety A Mental Game?
- HITM for 01-27-2014 by Omega Alpha Equine – Live from AETA with New Products Galore
- HITM for 01-24-2014 by Kentucky Performance Products – Ice Road Lisa, Recipes, Best Horse Wash Ever, 15h Butt Wide
- HITM for 01-23-2014 Classic Thursday: Woodward Stakes, Magnum Equation, Don’t Tighten That Girth!
- HITM for 01-22-2014 by Back On Track – Final Spin, Did Michael Get His Morgan, Polo Players Cross Atlantic, More Hay Talk
- HITM for 01-21-2014 by Revitavet – Certified Horsemanship Assn. Exercises for Strength, Flexibility, Focus
- HITM for 01-20-2014 by Omega Alpha Equine – Eclipse Award Results, Gaited Dressage and Friday Night Fun!
- HITM for 01-17-2014 by Kentucky Performance Products – Travels With Darley, Eclipse Awards Picks, Ghostbusting TB Mare
- HITM for 01-16-2014 – Horsemanship Radio and Chasing A Fox Talks With the Top Dog
Every Wednesday morning at 10:00 am Eastern a horsey Celebrity plays a three round trivia match against a Horse Radio Network listener. Win fantastic prizes and should the celebrity win the prizes are donated to the celebrity’s charity of choice. SIGN UP TO PLAY today, it is simple: 1. Fill out the form below. 2. […]
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is once again almost upon us and once again it’s Bobs Worth who is the horse to beat. Just a little under two months away, the nine-year-old heads 36 entries for the Cup and is unbeaten at the Festival in three successive races, taking the 2011 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle and the 2012 RSA Chace, before taking the cup in an astonishing win last year.
In looking ahead to upcoming horse races, it can be a bit hard to sort through the pile and focus on the favourites. The bottom line is, there are so many races going on throughout the UK at a given time, that those who wish to really follow horses and bet on races need to be on their toes, keeping track of daily matches and events. That said, however, most of us like to save our betting activity and sport following for the weekends, and with that in mind, here’s a look ahead at some of this coming Friday’s (August 30) races in the UK, and specifically at Chester. Keep in mind that betting may not be open yet for these matches, but as the week wears on you should see odds opening up on Betfair news and local racing sites. On to the races!
Regardless of your reason for keeping horses, it is important to provide them with a safe, warm and nurturing environment. Whether you intend to train them as race horses or simply keep them as beloved family pets, they will need to be given a home where they are stimulated and offered the very finest in nutritional food. With this in mind, it is crucial that you maintain a functional and practically laid out stable that provides your horses with enough space to life comfortably on a daily basis.