The first Weekend Plaidcast by Plaid Horse Magazine and Epona Exchange with Piper Klemm and Sissy Wickes hosting. A fascinating conversation with Tucker Erickson on the time and expense of running a horse show and Jimmy Torano on Juding the Medal Maclay. Listen in…
09-23-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Pack Burro Racing, Central Park Horse Show, ISO Camel Rider
On today’s Kentucky Performance Products Freestyle Friday Brad Wann explains Pack Burro Racing, Diana De Rosa has a live report from the Central Park Horse Show and Really Bad Ads features a gelded mare and someone who can ride a camel. Listen in…
Mark Smith, husband of Susan Friedland-Smith of the blog “Saddle Seeks Horse”, joins us to chat about dating, fitness, diet, work/life/horse balance, mountain biking and dancing. Plus, Timothy shares the adventures of Elisa’s trip to Burghley Horse Trials. Listen in…
Today we chat with Tracy about Stark Naked Bits, Dr. Cubitt from Performance Horse Nutrition explains why your horse’s meal size matters and listener Fiona joins us for a new pony highlight. Listen in…
09-20-2016 by CHA – Counter Canter; It’s Not The Wrong Lead with Julie Goodnight and Lori Hall-McNary
On this Certified Horsemanship Association episode we chat with Julie Goodnight and Lori Hall-McNary about the counter canter. Listen in…
09-19-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Blue Jean Horse Project, Sr. Horse Health, Mustang’s Fate In Question, Horse Nation
In today’s Omega Alpha Equine Monday edition Shya Beth talks about denim horses, Dr. Gordon Chang talks about Sr. horse health, Horse Nation supports Helmet Awareness Day and we break down recent headlines regarding the future of the American Mustang. Listen in…
09-16-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Classic Revisit: Diane Has No Idea, New Mustang, Vaccine Rule
On today’s Kentucky Performance Products freestyle Friday we revisit a classic episode from the HITM Audio Vault featuring Marie’s new Mustang, Jenn’s new TB, new vaccine rules, Horse & Country TV’s newest headlines and in studio guest and new podcaster Diane. Listen in…
The HITM crew is on vacation so we share with you Part 2 of the story of the making of the Documentary “The Messengers” in which the Horse Radio Network is featured. We think you will like this behind the scenes look at the making of a major documentary. Listen in…
The HITM crew is on vacation so we share with you the story of the making of the Documentary “The Messengers” in which the Horse Radio Network is featured. We think you will like this behind the scenes look at the making of a major documentary. Listen in…
On today’s Endurance Episode Karen shares her latest adventures, we chat with all three Mongol Derby winners and Debby Wills explains crewing to a clueless Coach Jenn. Listen in…
In this 2017 Road to the Horse Special Episode Tammy and Glenn meet the Competitors for RTTH 2017. They are joined by the all female cast of trainers Sarah Dawson, Rachelle Valentine and Barbara Cox. Plus, founder Tootie Bland shares some of the plans in the works for next year. Listen in…
09-09-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Gray Half Horse, Warning Buck, Bad Bantams, Trade for Steer
On today’s Kentucky Performance Products freestyle Friday we enjoy a mash up of past Really Bad Ads and a few of our favorite songs. Listen in…
09-08-2016 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – Horse Education Company, Starting the Side Pass, Trailer UN-Loading and More
In this Training with Mary Kitzmiller by Horseware we are joined by Sara Johnson with Horse Education Company and Mary answers listener submitted questions about training for better brakes, horses who won’t let you mount and training a horse to side pass. This month’s training tip is about teaching a horse to safely get out of the horse trailer. Listen in…
09-07-2016 – Mustang Trainer Grady, Equine Gastritis, Frederik the Great Friesian, Helmet Awareness Day
Today we chat with VA Mustang Makeover winner Sarah Grady, Frederik the Great’s owner Stacy Nazario, Dr. Slovis from Hagyard Equine explains Gastritis, Lyndsey from Riders4Helmets has the latest on Helmet Awareness Day (Sept 17) and we pick the Bad Ads Winner of a Total Saddle Fit girth. Listen in…
09-06-2016 Ece Equestrian Jumping by Walsh Products – Erin’s Olympic Wrap, Bombers Bits and Classy Rings
On today’s Ece Equestrian Jumper episode by Walsh Products Erin from Noelle Floyd recounts her Olympic experience, we learn about why Bomber Bits are so popular and how do you construct and maintain a proper riding ring. Listen in…
- 09-02-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Priscilla Presley on the Tennessee Walking Horse Situation
- 09-01-2016 by Clydesdale Breeders – Draft Horse Journal Presents Horse Logging, Britt Draft Show, Budweiser Hitch, Classic Series
- 08-31-2016 – Studies Show, Randolph College Rain Rot Research, Goat & Clydesdale On The Lamb, Burghley Begins
- 08-29-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Happy Hooves Therapeutic Riding, US Para Olympic Team, Horse Nation
- 08-26-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Farah DeJohnette, Burghley Trivia, Cheap Stud and Tree Service
- HITM 08-25-2016 – Horse Husbands Monthly Roundtable with Josh Autry
- 08-24-2016 – MJB Got Faith, Teddy Roosevelt Doppelganger Uncle Jimmy, Templeton Thompson, Horse News
- 08-23-2016 – Women In Rodeo by Horseware Ireland – Little Britches Rodeo, Social Media Tips, Joint Anatomy
- 08-22-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Lindsay Partridge in Unbridled, Jamie’s That Girl Weekend, Horse Nation Post Olympic Salve
- 08-19-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Greg Best Back in USA, Pentathlon, Trade Stallion for Muscle Car
- 08-18-2016 by NATRC – Orienteering & Geocaching For Fun, Tolbert’s Perfect Sienna, Smith Cooks
- 08-17-2016 – Louisiana Flooding, Hagyard on Equine Piroplasmosis, Latest from the Rio Olympics, Happy Gaston!
- 08-16-2016 by CHA – International Conference Preview, What We Love About CHA, Tim Alderson, Sabine Schleese
- 08-15-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Live from AETA Products Galore
- HITM Weeekend 08-13-2016 – Aussie Episode with Auditor Emma Champ and Australian Brumby Challenge
- 08-12-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Monty Roberts Answers Listener Training Questions
- 08-11-2016 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – Trick Training with Mary Rivers, No Rein Stop, More Training Q & A
- HITM 08-10-2016 – Drum Horse, Lauren Catches an Olympic Horse, Shannon Peters, Horse and Country TV
- 08-09-2016 – Endurance Day – Tevis Adventures with Darice, Wayne’s Tahoe Rim Ride, Karen’s Crew Conundrum
- 08-08-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Mark Bellissimo on WEG 2018, Olympic Distractions, Detoxification
- 08-05-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Olympic Broadcast Behind the Scenes with Melanie Smith Taylor, Equi Cool Down, No Beginner Horse
- 08-04-2016 by Clydesdale Breeders – Draft Horse Journal Presents Sparrow’s 40 Horse Hitch and Clyde Breeders
- HITM 08-03-2016 – Monty’s Special Training Begins, Hagyard Equine on Weanlings, Ed Dabney on TV & Horses
- 08-02-2016 Ece Equestrian Jumping by Walsh Products – Run Down to Rio, Performance Coach Becker, Voltaire Smart Saddle
- 08-01-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Monty’s Special Training, World Horse Welfare Stray Horse Control, Olympic Update
At next months Grand National at Aintree, Many Clouds will look to become the first horse to successfully defend its title since the legendary Red Rum in 1974. However, before his date with destiny, trainer Oliver Sherwood looks set to use the Gold Cup at the Cheltenham Festival next week as a test of his horse’s credentials. Having […]
2015 is drawing to a close and the New Year is virtually upon us. Let’s look ahead to the 2016 racing calendar and see if the sport can go from strength to strength within sporting circles and also as part of the mainstream consciousness. What is the most famous young jockey and can they become someone people […]
The 2015 Royal Ascot meeting begins on Tuesday 16th June and is one of the most eagerly anticipated sporting events of the year. The meeting, which attracts over 300,000 spectators every year, is set to feature some of the best flat racers in the world, and will be ridden by a number of the greatest […]
The 5 Best Horse Racing Biographies
Add another horse to the list of serious Kentucky Derby contenders. On Saturday, Materiality won his third race in three career starts with an impressive showing in the Grade 1 Florida Derby. The Todd Pletcher trained colt by Afleet Alex outlasted race favorite Upstart in a heated battle down the stretch to claim his first graded stakes win and punch his ticket for the Kentucky Derby.
There are few achievements in any sport as difficult as winning horse racing’s Triple Crown. It’s not uncommon for a horse to ‘come close’ and win two of the three Triple Crown races—the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes. Forty seven horses have won two of the three Triple Crown races. Twenty three have won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, leaving them on the verge of immortality heading into the Belmont Stakes.
Cheltenham festival is nothing but it is a horse racing festivals. Cheltenham Festival 2015 is done in a huge manner. It was an awesome one; one can enjoy a lot in it. Now it is the time for the wonderful and gorgeous Cheltenham festival which is going to be held on 10th of March 2015. The teams are getting to ready to prepare their team for the festival. All the people are eagerly waiting for the festival. The winner is awarded with a gold cup.
The Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Grand National are without a doubt the two biggest dates in the British racing calendar. Each event brings with it some spectacular sights as well as some dramatic action on the racecourses themselves. For those not fortunate enough to attend the live events there’s always the appeal of taking part in a little gambling action. And unlike so many other events that you can bet on it seems everyone enjoys having a little fun and a flutter on these fantastic races.
This year sees the 168th Grand National as the leading horses, riders, trainers and owners compete to win Europe’s most prestigious racing prize. The three day racing festival takes place at the historic Aintree racecourse in Liverpool from 9 to 11 April and promises the biggest celebration of horse racing ever. So here’s what to expect.
Charity City of Hope has been named as the official charity of this year’s 2014 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, it has been confirmed.
Every Wednesday morning at 10:00 am Eastern a horsey Celebrity plays a three round trivia match against a Horse Radio Network listener. Win fantastic prizes and should the celebrity win the prizes are donated to the celebrity’s charity of choice. SIGN UP TO PLAY today, it is simple: 1. Fill out the form below. 2. […]
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is once again almost upon us and once again it’s Bobs Worth who is the horse to beat. Just a little under two months away, the nine-year-old heads 36 entries for the Cup and is unbeaten at the Festival in three successive races, taking the 2011 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle and the 2012 RSA Chace, before taking the cup in an astonishing win last year.
In looking ahead to upcoming horse races, it can be a bit hard to sort through the pile and focus on the favourites. The bottom line is, there are so many races going on throughout the UK at a given time, that those who wish to really follow horses and bet on races need to be on their toes, keeping track of daily matches and events. That said, however, most of us like to save our betting activity and sport following for the weekends, and with that in mind, here’s a look ahead at some of this coming Friday’s (August 30) races in the UK, and specifically at Chester. Keep in mind that betting may not be open yet for these matches, but as the week wears on you should see odds opening up on Betfair news and local racing sites. On to the races!
Regardless of your reason for keeping horses, it is important to provide them with a safe, warm and nurturing environment. Whether you intend to train them as race horses or simply keep them as beloved family pets, they will need to be given a home where they are stimulated and offered the very finest in nutritional food. With this in mind, it is crucial that you maintain a functional and practically laid out stable that provides your horses with enough space to life comfortably on a daily basis.