07-27-2016 – Para Olympian Barwick, Joint Anatomy, Triangle X Ranch, Elisa Wallace, Kim Live from Chincoteague
Guests include Canadian Para Olympic Team member Lauren Barwick, listener Kim live from the Chincoteague Pony Swim, Triangle X Ranch owner Robert Turner, Dr. Waldridge explains joint anatomy and Elisa Wallace gives us an update on Burghley. Listen in…
07-26-2016 – Women In Rodeo by Horseware Ireland – Barrel Racer Mary Walker, The Bleacher Babe Brianna Bibgee, ’15 MRA Lauren Heaton
This Women in Rodeo by Horseware edition we are joined by World Champion Barrel Racer Mary Walker, Bleacher Babe owner Brianna Bigbee and 2015 Miss Rodeo America Lauren Heaton. Listen in…
07-25-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – George Morris Book Review, Karen’s Hellhat Posse, High Horses in History
Today Auditor Chantel reviews George Morris’ autobiography “Unrelenting: The Real Story: Horses, Bright Lights and My Pursuit of Excellence” and we get to know founders of the wildly popular Facebook group Karen’s Hellhat Posse. Headlines include the original High Horse. Listen in…
Jared Rogerson joins us for his third musical episode on the release of his CD “Heaven”. We talk music, tough women, diamonds, brothers and how he packs into the mountains for weeks every year. Listen in…
Avoiding Heat Stress, Nebraska Trail Riding with Tammy Vasa of Horsetrailriders.com and the state of horse riding trails with NATRC Trails Advocate Mary Hanson. Listen in….
Today Mary Kitzmiller joins Glenn as guest co-host for a fun filled ride through the horse world. Guests include Canadian Olympic Team member Jessica Phoenix, Hagyard Horse Health explains embryo transfer, i Rock N Ride inventor Leah Lane and Horse & Country TV has more Rio headlines. Listen in…
On this Certified Horsemanship Association episode we chat with Christina Burdick and Beth Powers about solutions to their top horsemanship pet peeves. Listen in…
07-18-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Kyle Rothfus OTTB Trainer, Horse Nation Inspired Rant, Eventing Nation Olympic Update
Today Kyle Rothfus tells us about his 2016 Thoroughbred Makeover project Moon and how horse people engage on social media, we have an energetic discussion on one of Horse Nation’s most popular posts and Eventing Nation has an Olympic update. Listen in…
HITM for 07-15-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Trailering Safely, Anderson Rant Delayed, Pet Holstein Steer
On Today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition we give the week’s headlines a sharp left hook to the jaw as we chuckle over some Studies Show, get some safe trailering advice from Julie Goodnight and Really Bad Ads features a pet Holstein steer. Listen in…
07-14-2016 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – America’s Mustang, Donkey Training, Putting On The Brakes
In this Training with Mary Kitzmiller we speak with inventor Louisa Williams from Horseware on the Icevibe Technology, Kyla Hogan of Mustang Heritage Foundation tells us about AmericasMustang.com and Mary answers listeners questions about training donkeys and stopping the bolter. Listen in…
Horse Nation’s Kristen Kovatch & Dr. Wendy Ying try to explain the Pokemon Go phenom, Tayrn Hemmings talks about Sweat Cosmetics for horse gals and Horse & Country TV’s Victoria Spicer joins us with the latest Rio headlines. Listen in…
07-12-2016 – Endurance Day – Dr. Bullock on Beating the Heat, Crysta Turnage Tevis 2016, Valerie Ashker Update
On today’s Endurance Episode Karen catches us up on her latest riding adventures, Dr. Bullock explains heat acclimation and strategies for cooling your horse on the ride, Crysta Turnage tells us how we can follow along with our favorite Tevis Cup riders and we get an update from Valerie Ashker on her cross country ride. Listen in…
Today Jamie recounts Zeus’ first horse trials, Dr. Chang explains sweat and re hydration and the wacky world of Horse Nation modernizes horse breed names. Listen in…
HITM for 07-08-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Glenn’s Rio Rant, Tao of Horsemanship, Author Jaden Terrell
On Today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition Lisa Wysocky joins Glenn as guest co-host as they chat with author and horse gal Jaden Torell and Taoist horse trainer Caroline Volandt-Rider. Really Bad Ads features a female painting horse. Listen in…
The Aussie Episode is back! Accents abound as Fiona chats with Jane Pike from Equicoach on rider confidence, Chamberlains Law Firm on dealing with Agents and Catherine Ainsworth, CEO of Pony Club Australia. Listen in…
- HITM for 07-06-2016 – Potomac Horse Fever, Seaver Super Smart Girth, Rio Team GB, Mustangs in the Marines
- 07-05-2016 Ece Equestrian Jumping by Walsh Products – Rio Olympics, Oldenburg Inspection, Hunt Country Saddlery
- 07-01-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Mustang Border Patrol, Western Dressage, High End Practice Horse
- HITM for 06-30-2016 – Classic Thursday: Barn Fires & Fire Prevention
- 06-29-2016 – Lauren Billys Earns Spot in Rio Olympics, Intercollegiate Eventing Program with Rob Burk
- HITM for 06-28-2016 – Women In Rodeo by Horseware Ireland – Jessica Saenz All ‘Round Horsewoman, When Not Winning Is A Win
- 06-27-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Dark Horse Movie, Great Escape Mustang Sanctuary, Princess Pony
- 06-24-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Buy A Donkey A Drink, Duct Tape Farm Fixes, Part of A Paint
- HITM 06-23-2016 – Horse Husbands Monthly Roundtable with Brian Rutledge and Rich Muller
- 06-22-2016 by Back On Track – Eventing Olympic Team Reserve Elisa Wallace, Pre-Purchase Exams
- 06-21-2016 by CHA – Help Give Your Horse Confidence, Heidi Potter & Charla Ann Story
- 06-20-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – National Dressage Pony Cup, Roanoke Valley Horse Show, Horse Nation
- 06-17-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Classic Re-visit: Eclipse Awards, Horse Headlines, Really Really Bad Ads
- HITM for 06-16-2016 by NATRC – Madeline Martin Future Park Ranger, Pine Grove Giddy-Up Ride, Where We Forget to Groom
- HITM 06-15-2016 – Mustang Trainer Allison, Skin Issues, Zeus & Thor: A Mustang by Any Other Name
- 06-14-2016 by the AERC – Old Dominion, Nevada Discovery Ride, We’re All Nuts
- 06-13-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Linda’s Extreme Challenge, Katie Drake, Eventing Nation Rio Picks
- 06-11-2016 Women In Rodeo by Debi Lynn Designs – Champion Cowgirl Morgan Holmes, Back Issues and Staying Focused
- 06-10-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Rocky & Randy Come Home, Horses & The American Indian, Old Lady Saddle
- 06-09-2016 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – Training Q & A, Dominique Ferraro, Farrier David Landreville
- HITM for 06-08-2016 by Back On Track – Lameness Q&A, Abe Lincoln Animal Lover, Apologies to Thor
- 06-07-2016 Ece Equestrian Jumping by Babington Mills – Old Salem Farm, Kevin Babington, Caitlyn Shiels, Noelle Floyd From Europe
- 06-06-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – New Horse Isn’t Jamie’s, Show Jumper Affaires, New Princess Pony
- HITM for 06-03-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Maximus Animator Daniel, Pets of the Ancient World, Tough As Pineknots
- HITM for 06-02-2016 – Laughable List Mash-Up: Bad Horse Names, Phobias, Healthy Horse Ownership
At next months Grand National at Aintree, Many Clouds will look to become the first horse to successfully defend its title since the legendary Red Rum in 1974. However, before his date with destiny, trainer Oliver Sherwood looks set to use the Gold Cup at the Cheltenham Festival next week as a test of his horse’s credentials. Having […]
2015 is drawing to a close and the New Year is virtually upon us. Let’s look ahead to the 2016 racing calendar and see if the sport can go from strength to strength within sporting circles and also as part of the mainstream consciousness. What is the most famous young jockey and can they become someone people […]
The 2015 Royal Ascot meeting begins on Tuesday 16th June and is one of the most eagerly anticipated sporting events of the year. The meeting, which attracts over 300,000 spectators every year, is set to feature some of the best flat racers in the world, and will be ridden by a number of the greatest […]
The 5 Best Horse Racing Biographies
Add another horse to the list of serious Kentucky Derby contenders. On Saturday, Materiality won his third race in three career starts with an impressive showing in the Grade 1 Florida Derby. The Todd Pletcher trained colt by Afleet Alex outlasted race favorite Upstart in a heated battle down the stretch to claim his first graded stakes win and punch his ticket for the Kentucky Derby.
There are few achievements in any sport as difficult as winning horse racing’s Triple Crown. It’s not uncommon for a horse to ‘come close’ and win two of the three Triple Crown races—the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes. Forty seven horses have won two of the three Triple Crown races. Twenty three have won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, leaving them on the verge of immortality heading into the Belmont Stakes.
Cheltenham festival is nothing but it is a horse racing festivals. Cheltenham Festival 2015 is done in a huge manner. It was an awesome one; one can enjoy a lot in it. Now it is the time for the wonderful and gorgeous Cheltenham festival which is going to be held on 10th of March 2015. The teams are getting to ready to prepare their team for the festival. All the people are eagerly waiting for the festival. The winner is awarded with a gold cup.
The Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Grand National are without a doubt the two biggest dates in the British racing calendar. Each event brings with it some spectacular sights as well as some dramatic action on the racecourses themselves. For those not fortunate enough to attend the live events there’s always the appeal of taking part in a little gambling action. And unlike so many other events that you can bet on it seems everyone enjoys having a little fun and a flutter on these fantastic races.
This year sees the 168th Grand National as the leading horses, riders, trainers and owners compete to win Europe’s most prestigious racing prize. The three day racing festival takes place at the historic Aintree racecourse in Liverpool from 9 to 11 April and promises the biggest celebration of horse racing ever. So here’s what to expect.
Charity City of Hope has been named as the official charity of this year’s 2014 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, it has been confirmed.
Every Wednesday morning at 10:00 am Eastern a horsey Celebrity plays a three round trivia match against a Horse Radio Network listener. Win fantastic prizes and should the celebrity win the prizes are donated to the celebrity’s charity of choice. SIGN UP TO PLAY today, it is simple: 1. Fill out the form below. 2. […]
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is once again almost upon us and once again it’s Bobs Worth who is the horse to beat. Just a little under two months away, the nine-year-old heads 36 entries for the Cup and is unbeaten at the Festival in three successive races, taking the 2011 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle and the 2012 RSA Chace, before taking the cup in an astonishing win last year.
In looking ahead to upcoming horse races, it can be a bit hard to sort through the pile and focus on the favourites. The bottom line is, there are so many races going on throughout the UK at a given time, that those who wish to really follow horses and bet on races need to be on their toes, keeping track of daily matches and events. That said, however, most of us like to save our betting activity and sport following for the weekends, and with that in mind, here’s a look ahead at some of this coming Friday’s (August 30) races in the UK, and specifically at Chester. Keep in mind that betting may not be open yet for these matches, but as the week wears on you should see odds opening up on Betfair news and local racing sites. On to the races!
Regardless of your reason for keeping horses, it is important to provide them with a safe, warm and nurturing environment. Whether you intend to train them as race horses or simply keep them as beloved family pets, they will need to be given a home where they are stimulated and offered the very finest in nutritional food. With this in mind, it is crucial that you maintain a functional and practically laid out stable that provides your horses with enough space to life comfortably on a daily basis.