06-24-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Buy A Donkey A Drink, Duct Tape Farm Fixes, Part of A Paint
On Today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition we revive Listener Trivia, discover new ways to use duct tape around the barn and Really Bad Ads features a royal Hackney pony and part of a paint. Listen in…
Horse husbands Brian Rutledge and Rich Muller join the roundtable to discuss nasty chores, snakes, tractors, hubby helpfulness and one poopy mess. Listen in…
On today’s Back On Track Products edition Rio Olympic Reserve team member Elisa Wallace tells us about her adventures with the selection committee, Hagyard Equine vet Dr. Barrett answers listener questions about pre-purchase exams and we enjoy a chuckle about the things horses spook at. Listen in…
On this Certified Horsemanship Association episode we chat about techniques to help your horse (and you) overcome fearful objects and situations with CHA instructors Heidi Potter and Charla Ann Story. Listen in…
06-20-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – National Dressage Pony Cup, Roanoke Valley Horse Show, Horse Nation
Today we go to the horse show with the National Dressage Pony Cup and the Roanoke Valley Horse Show. Horse Nation offers up a quiz and the classic hay bale types. Listen in…
06-17-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Classic Re-visit: Eclipse Awards, Horse Headlines, Really Really Bad Ads
On Today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition features Eclipse Award nom’s, hilarious lists, horse headlines and bad ads to make you laugh ’till you cry. Plus, Jamie chooses a baby daddy. Listen in…
HITM for 06-16-2016 by NATRC – Madeline Martin Future Park Ranger, Pine Grove Giddy-Up Ride, Where We Forget to Groom
Today Alice & Jenn chat with Madeline Martin about winning the NATRC Bev Tibbets scholarship and what it takes to be a park ranger, Kim Murphy give a preview of the Pine Grove Giddy-Up ride and the places we forget to groom makes for some chuckles. Listen in….
On today we open the show with Youth Mustang Makeover winner Allison Elfink before we cover skin issues with Dr. Browne from Hagyard Equine. Princess Anne makes headlines by winning the Longines Ladies Award and the things Veterinarians hate. Listen in…
On today’s AERC Endurance Episode Karen catches us up on her latest riding adventures, Claire Godwin, DVM covers the historic Old Dominion Ride and Samantha Szesciorka tells us about the Nevada Discovery Ride with her Mustang. Listen in…
06-13-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Linda’s Extreme Challenge, Katie Drake, Eventing Nation Rio Picks
Today listener Linda shares her Extreme Horseman’s Challenge, we get to know singer song writer Katie Drake and Eventing Nation’s Jenni Autry shares her final picks for the U.S. & Canadian Eventing teams. Listen in…
06-11-2016 Women In Rodeo by Debi Lynn Designs – Champion Cowgirl Morgan Holmes, Back Issues and Staying Focused
Special “Women in Rodeo” Saturday episode with Champion Cowgirl Morgan Holmes, Dr. Wendy Ying on back issues in horses, Katie Schaa on efficient packing for trips and the “Secret to Staying Focused”. Listen in…
06-10-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Rocky & Randy Come Home, Horses & The American Indian, Old Lady Saddle
On today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition Kristen shares the story of Belgians Randy & Rocky, Bruce Shackleford gives us a history lesson on horses and the American Indian and bad ads features a rusty aluminum trailer and someone looking for an old lady saddle. Listen in…
06-09-2016 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – Training Q & A, Dominique Ferraro, Farrier David Landreville
This On today’s Training with Mary Kitzmiller by Horseware we answer listener questions about pawing on the cross ties, laying a horse down and lots more. Guests include Dominique Ferraro from Zebras-R-Us and farrier David Landreville. Listen in…
On today’s Back On Track Products Wednesday edition Hagyard Equine vet Dr. Barrett answers a bucket load of lameness questions, we visit the White House in our horses in history segment and assorted moral dilemmas present themselves. Listen in…
06-07-2016 Ece Equestrian Jumping by Babington Mills – Old Salem Farm, Kevin Babington, Caitlyn Shiels, Noelle Floyd From Europe
On today’s Ece Equestrian Jumper episode by Babington Mills Kevin Babington shares his big win at Devon, Chelsea Dwinell previews Old Salem Farm, Caitlyn Shiels talks about making a Grand Prix horse and Erin Gilmore has the Noelle Floyd report from Europe. Listen in…
- 06-06-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – New Horse Isn’t Jamie’s, Show Jumper Affaires, New Princess Pony
- HITM for 06-03-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Maximus Animator Daniel, Pets of the Ancient World, Tough As Pineknots
- HITM for 06-02-2016 – Laughable List Mash-Up: Bad Horse Names, Phobias, Healthy Horse Ownership
- 06-01-2016 – Devon Horse Show, What Is Roaring, H&C TV Headlines
- 05-31-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Scooter vs. Drone, Horse Headlines, Most Handsome Horse
- HITM for 05-27-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Ask A Non Horse Person, DreamHorse.com Founder, Noelle Floyd in Rome
- 05-26-2016 – Horse Husband of Hawley Bennet and Julie Goodnight
- HITM for 05-25-2016 – About Hock Injections, Fairy Tales & Keratoma Tumors, Dujardin Quotes
- 05-24-2016 – Women In Rodeo by Horseware Ireland – Rock Star Vet Ray, Amberley Snyder Inspires, MRA Alums
- HITM for 05-23-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Liz Covart Presents Mules on the Oregon Trail
- HITM for 05-20-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – All About Electrolytes, Karen Loves Leo, Belgian with a Touch of Morgan
- HITM for 05-19-2016 by NATRC – Post Ride Soreness, Texas Trail Challenge and Paso to Dressage
- HITM for 05-18-2016 by Back On Track – Ashker’s TB’s Journey, Nutrient Depletion, Horse & Country TV Report
- HITM for 05-17-2016 by CHA – Equine Assisted Activities to Enhance Your Horsemanship
- HITM for 05-16-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Q& A with Dr. Ying, Animal Arts, Lady Martha Adventures, Royal Windsor
- HITM for 05-14-2016 Women In Rodeo by Debi Lynn Designs – Racer Kelly Tovar, Alexis Bloomer and 7 Social Media Musts
- HITM for 05-13-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Show Jumping Prodigy Rhys Williams, Picky In A Hurd
- HITM for 05-12-2016 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – Training Q&A, TB Makeover Free Style Fun, Mustang Makeover Winner Saap
- HITM for 05-11-2016 – Spanish Lesson, Hagyard on Dehydration Do’s & Don’ts, Horse & Country TV
- HITM for 05-10-2016 by the AERC – Slickest Mud Ever, Happy Feet, AERC Drug Testing Update, New Adventure in Africa
- HITM for 05-09-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Derby/Badminton Wrap, Hormone Support, Intern Haley and Joy’s New Horses
- HITM for 05-06-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Anne Eberhardt from Churchill, Kentucky Derby Picks, Mean Mare
- HITM for 05-05-2016 – Kentucky Derby History Fun Facts & Trivia, Penny Chenery & Patti Reeves
- HITM for 05-04-2016 by Back On Track – Equestrians on Airplanes, Common Vet Emergencies, H&C TV, T-Shirts for NetPosse
- HITM for 05-03-2016 Ece Equestrian Jumping by Walsh Products – Rio Update, Show String Management, Portable Stalls
At next months Grand National at Aintree, Many Clouds will look to become the first horse to successfully defend its title since the legendary Red Rum in 1974. However, before his date with destiny, trainer Oliver Sherwood looks set to use the Gold Cup at the Cheltenham Festival next week as a test of his horse’s credentials. Having […]
2015 is drawing to a close and the New Year is virtually upon us. Let’s look ahead to the 2016 racing calendar and see if the sport can go from strength to strength within sporting circles and also as part of the mainstream consciousness. What is the most famous young jockey and can they become someone people […]
The 2015 Royal Ascot meeting begins on Tuesday 16th June and is one of the most eagerly anticipated sporting events of the year. The meeting, which attracts over 300,000 spectators every year, is set to feature some of the best flat racers in the world, and will be ridden by a number of the greatest […]
The 5 Best Horse Racing Biographies
Add another horse to the list of serious Kentucky Derby contenders. On Saturday, Materiality won his third race in three career starts with an impressive showing in the Grade 1 Florida Derby. The Todd Pletcher trained colt by Afleet Alex outlasted race favorite Upstart in a heated battle down the stretch to claim his first graded stakes win and punch his ticket for the Kentucky Derby.
There are few achievements in any sport as difficult as winning horse racing’s Triple Crown. It’s not uncommon for a horse to ‘come close’ and win two of the three Triple Crown races—the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes. Forty seven horses have won two of the three Triple Crown races. Twenty three have won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, leaving them on the verge of immortality heading into the Belmont Stakes.
Cheltenham festival is nothing but it is a horse racing festivals. Cheltenham Festival 2015 is done in a huge manner. It was an awesome one; one can enjoy a lot in it. Now it is the time for the wonderful and gorgeous Cheltenham festival which is going to be held on 10th of March 2015. The teams are getting to ready to prepare their team for the festival. All the people are eagerly waiting for the festival. The winner is awarded with a gold cup.
The Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Grand National are without a doubt the two biggest dates in the British racing calendar. Each event brings with it some spectacular sights as well as some dramatic action on the racecourses themselves. For those not fortunate enough to attend the live events there’s always the appeal of taking part in a little gambling action. And unlike so many other events that you can bet on it seems everyone enjoys having a little fun and a flutter on these fantastic races.
This year sees the 168th Grand National as the leading horses, riders, trainers and owners compete to win Europe’s most prestigious racing prize. The three day racing festival takes place at the historic Aintree racecourse in Liverpool from 9 to 11 April and promises the biggest celebration of horse racing ever. So here’s what to expect.
Charity City of Hope has been named as the official charity of this year’s 2014 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, it has been confirmed.
Every Wednesday morning at 10:00 am Eastern a horsey Celebrity plays a three round trivia match against a Horse Radio Network listener. Win fantastic prizes and should the celebrity win the prizes are donated to the celebrity’s charity of choice. SIGN UP TO PLAY today, it is simple: 1. Fill out the form below. 2. […]
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is once again almost upon us and once again it’s Bobs Worth who is the horse to beat. Just a little under two months away, the nine-year-old heads 36 entries for the Cup and is unbeaten at the Festival in three successive races, taking the 2011 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle and the 2012 RSA Chace, before taking the cup in an astonishing win last year.
In looking ahead to upcoming horse races, it can be a bit hard to sort through the pile and focus on the favourites. The bottom line is, there are so many races going on throughout the UK at a given time, that those who wish to really follow horses and bet on races need to be on their toes, keeping track of daily matches and events. That said, however, most of us like to save our betting activity and sport following for the weekends, and with that in mind, here’s a look ahead at some of this coming Friday’s (August 30) races in the UK, and specifically at Chester. Keep in mind that betting may not be open yet for these matches, but as the week wears on you should see odds opening up on Betfair news and local racing sites. On to the races!
Regardless of your reason for keeping horses, it is important to provide them with a safe, warm and nurturing environment. Whether you intend to train them as race horses or simply keep them as beloved family pets, they will need to be given a home where they are stimulated and offered the very finest in nutritional food. With this in mind, it is crucial that you maintain a functional and practically laid out stable that provides your horses with enough space to life comfortably on a daily basis.