03-27-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine -Wins for Arrogate, Vickie Wilson, TIP Trainer Christina, Horse Nation Quiz
Today’s Omega Alpha Equine episode Lisa Wysocky fills in as guest co-host as she and Jamie discuss big wins by Arrogate in the Dubai World Cup and Vickie Wilson at Road To The Horse. Trainer Christina Bailey masterfully explains the advantages to adopting a TIP Mustang and Horse Nation has a quiz. Listen in…
Today’s show features Glenn and Tara Carter live at the 2017 Road to the Horse competition in Lexington, KY for the third and final day of competition. Who will be crowned champion; Vickie Wilson,Rachelle Valentine, Sarah Dawson or Kate Neubert? Listen in…
Today’s show features Glenn and Tara Carter live at the 2017 Road to the Horse competition in Lexington, KY. Guests include Phil and Jesse from Four 6’s Ranch, Nick Dower, Bryan White, Craig Cameron, and volunteer Guest Wrangler Linda Gettig. Listen in…
Today’s show features Glenn and Tara Carter live at the 2017 Road to the Horse competition in Lexington, KY. Guests include Vickie Wilson, Rachelle Valentine, Sean Patrick, Linda Gettig, Prime Time Express. Listen in…
In today’s show we listen back to a few of our favorites. Mary Kitzmiller shares her Cowgirl origin story and how to teach a horse to lay down, Waylene Wilson talks about putting a handle on a horse and Mark Bolender defines Extreme Mountain Trail. Listen in…
03-22-2017 by HORSELOVERZ.com – Keen Ice in Dubai, Hoof Care Tools, Chiropractic Tips, FL OTTB Transformation
In today’s HORSELOVERZ.com episode guest co-host Jill joins Jamie to chat with Keen Ice owner Jerry Crawford, Laurine Fuller Vargas tells us about the FL TB Transofrmation Expostition, Dr. DeLeeuw has some tips for dressage riders and Leslie Emery explains why he is reinventing farrier’s tools. Listen in…
On this Certified Horsemanship Association episode we discuss why marketing to different generations may require different strategies and guests Schellie Blockberger and James Rickner chat about creating a business plan, marketing your established business, facilities, business practices and more. Listen in…
03-20-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – Erik Cooper Mongol Derby, Meagan Simons Spitfire Marsh Tacky Mare, Head Injuries
Today’s Omega Alpha Equine episode finds Glenn and Jamie each recounting their outrageous weekend adventure stories, Meagan Simons tells us about racing her Marsh Tacky mare in the Kiawah Cup and the Horse Nation fueled Mongol Derby segment featuring Leslie Wylie has Erik Cooper on to talk about running the rescue wagon and riding reindeer. Listen in…
Today’s Kentucky Performance Products episode auditor Kayla Muller joins the fun as we chat with Mona Wheeler about St. Patrick’s Day traditions, Elevate Event Team rider Megan Lynn shares her CIC* win at Red Hills, equine chiropractor Dr. DeLew has some pointers for trail riders and Bad Ads features a Spotty Pony. Listen in…
Susan Dent on living and riding in Alaska and her trip to Texas with the horses. Plus, Michael Perryman on being the Trail Master and Alice and Coach Jenn discuss securing your horse at a ride. Listen in…
In today’s HORSELOVERZ.com episode guest co-host Katie Krimitsos joins the fun as we put ten different non horse podcasters in the hot seat in rapid fire succession to learn about their shows and what they don’t know about horses. Listen in…
Today on Karen Chaton’s Endurance Episode Tom MacGuinness shares why qualifying for WEG 2018 was so important, Sarah Schick talks about hoof balance for equine athletes, Patti Stedman introduces a web based course for Endurance riders. Listen in…
HITM for 03-13-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – Revisiting Triple Crown Glory, Jerry from Donegal Racing, Kristen Breaks Her Maiden
Revisiting the Omega Alpha Equine episode where we, along with the rest of North America, bask in some Triple Crown glory as lots of excited listeners call in and Jerry Crawford from Donegal Racing stops by to reflect upon Keen Ice’s game third place finish. Horse Nation Kristen breaks her maiden with a solid win. Listen in…
Today’s Kentucky Performance Products episode we get to know horse girl musicians Britta and Brooke of Rhythm Rampage, in studio guest John Kyle gives us some insight into being a world class horse show announcer and then he joins the fun as we shovel our way through a pile of listener submitted bad ads. Listen in…
In this Training with Mary Kitzmiller by Horseware we talk about chaining behaviors, jumping in a western saddle, training a horse to soften and collect, beginners training foals and Dana Lovell has some tips for preparing for extreme trail challenges and those inevitable ‘oh crap’ moments. Listen in…
- 03-08-2017 by HORSELOVERZ.com – Disney Dream Job, Vitals, Rascal Rodeo and Heels Down Magazine
- 03-07-2017 Ece Equestrian Jumping – Getting the Most From Training and Exercises for Different Level Riders
- 03-06-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – George Morris on Butet Practice Saddle, Keeping Equine Athletes Healthy, Which Cookie Are You
- 03-05-2017 Weekend by Road to the Horse – Meet Host Tara Carter, Craig Cameron, Richard Winters and Sheepdogs
- 03-03-2017 by KPPUSA.com – Vet’s Role In Cruelty Investigations, My First Horse, Rode to the Liquor Store and Back
- 03-02-2017 by Clydesdale Breeders of the USA – Master of the Mic Steve Andrews, Percherons Marketed Internationally, Five Star Horse Decorations
- 03-01-2017 by HorseLoverz.com – Equestrian’s Spectator Judging App, Tooth Loss, Oklahoma Farm Update
- 02-28-2017 by Horseware – Cowgirls in the Kitchen, Unbridled China, Rodeo Marketing
- 02-27-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – Around the Track with Scott Jagow, Horse Nation, HRN Wins a Pazzie
- 02-24-2017 by KPPUSA.com – Landsafe Equestrian, Horse Sellers Lies, Super Gentle Paint Gelding
- 02-22-2017 by HorseLoverz.com – Southern Equine Expo, Masterson Method, Calorie or Energy?
- 02-21-2017 CHA – Benefit of Feel, Timing to Create Harmony with Horse and Rider
- 02-20-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – Misty the Personal Pony Shopper, Celebrating Man o’War, Horse Nation
- 02-17-2017 by KPPUSA.com – Buckeye the Dressage Mule, Sound Proof Horse, Grooms List of Lies
- 02-16-2017 NATRC – Debbie’s HellHat Creations, GPS 101 and Justin Nelzen
- 02-15-2017 by HorseLoverz.com – Paso Finos For All, Gut Brain Connection, Husband Approved Bedding
- 02-14-2017 Endurance Day – USEF Endurance Chef d’Equipe Mark Dial, Randy Winter Rein Safe Inventor
- 02-13-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – ARK at JFK Airport, Trick Rider Ashley Pletcher, Equestrian Valentine Trivia
- 02-12-2017 Weekend by Road to the Horse – Get to Know Rachael Valentine, Sarah Dawson Plus Stacy Wesfall and Tootie Bland
- 02-10-2017 by KPPUSA.com – Ridden Horse Agility, Exmoor Ponies, Not Broke Horses, Heritage Horse Poo
- 02-09-2017 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – Training Aids, Callie Rae King, Being A Fearful Rider
- 02-08-2017 by EquestrianCollections.com – Stud Crud Buster, Foal Care, How Hay Gets Baled
- 02-07-2017 Ece Equestrian Jumping – Caitlyn Shiels on Course Walks, Olympian Nona Garson on Moving Up, Listener Q & A
- 02-06-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – New Vocations Pony Club OTTB Challenge, Football Terms for Horse People and More
- 02-03-2017 by KPPUSA.com – The Dressage Chronicles, Uncle Jimmy and CraftLit, Devil Ponies Wanted
With the countdown to the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe at Chantilly well underway, news that former favourite La Cressonniere has been pulled from the iconic race will come as a disappointment to many. Trainer Jean-Claude Rouget revealed the the recent winner of the French 1,000 Guineas and Oaks has an injury concern…
At next months Grand National at Aintree, Many Clouds will look to become the first horse to successfully defend its title since the legendary Red Rum in 1974. However, before his date with destiny, trainer Oliver Sherwood looks set to use the Gold Cup at the Cheltenham Festival next week as a test of his horse’s credentials. Having […]
2015 is drawing to a close and the New Year is virtually upon us. Let’s look ahead to the 2016 racing calendar and see if the sport can go from strength to strength within sporting circles and also as part of the mainstream consciousness. What is the most famous young jockey and can they become someone people […]
The 2015 Royal Ascot meeting begins on Tuesday 16th June and is one of the most eagerly anticipated sporting events of the year. The meeting, which attracts over 300,000 spectators every year, is set to feature some of the best flat racers in the world, and will be ridden by a number of the greatest […]
The 5 Best Horse Racing Biographies
Add another horse to the list of serious Kentucky Derby contenders. On Saturday, Materiality won his third race in three career starts with an impressive showing in the Grade 1 Florida Derby. The Todd Pletcher trained colt by Afleet Alex outlasted race favorite Upstart in a heated battle down the stretch to claim his first graded stakes win and punch his ticket for the Kentucky Derby.
There are few achievements in any sport as difficult as winning horse racing’s Triple Crown. It’s not uncommon for a horse to ‘come close’ and win two of the three Triple Crown races—the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes. Forty seven horses have won two of the three Triple Crown races. Twenty three have won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, leaving them on the verge of immortality heading into the Belmont Stakes.
Cheltenham festival is nothing but it is a horse racing festivals. Cheltenham Festival 2015 is done in a huge manner. It was an awesome one; one can enjoy a lot in it. Now it is the time for the wonderful and gorgeous Cheltenham festival which is going to be held on 10th of March 2015. The teams are getting to ready to prepare their team for the festival. All the people are eagerly waiting for the festival. The winner is awarded with a gold cup.
The Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Grand National are without a doubt the two biggest dates in the British racing calendar. Each event brings with it some spectacular sights as well as some dramatic action on the racecourses themselves. For those not fortunate enough to attend the live events there’s always the appeal of taking part in a little gambling action. And unlike so many other events that you can bet on it seems everyone enjoys having a little fun and a flutter on these fantastic races.
This year sees the 168th Grand National as the leading horses, riders, trainers and owners compete to win Europe’s most prestigious racing prize. The three day racing festival takes place at the historic Aintree racecourse in Liverpool from 9 to 11 April and promises the biggest celebration of horse racing ever. So here’s what to expect.
Charity City of Hope has been named as the official charity of this year’s 2014 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, it has been confirmed.
Every Wednesday morning at 10:00 am Eastern a horsey Celebrity plays a three round trivia match against a Horse Radio Network listener. Win fantastic prizes and should the celebrity win the prizes are donated to the celebrity’s charity of choice. SIGN UP TO PLAY today, it is simple: 1. Fill out the form below. 2. […]
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is once again almost upon us and once again it’s Bobs Worth who is the horse to beat. Just a little under two months away, the nine-year-old heads 36 entries for the Cup and is unbeaten at the Festival in three successive races, taking the 2011 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle and the 2012 RSA Chace, before taking the cup in an astonishing win last year.
In looking ahead to upcoming horse races, it can be a bit hard to sort through the pile and focus on the favourites. The bottom line is, there are so many races going on throughout the UK at a given time, that those who wish to really follow horses and bet on races need to be on their toes, keeping track of daily matches and events. That said, however, most of us like to save our betting activity and sport following for the weekends, and with that in mind, here’s a look ahead at some of this coming Friday’s (August 30) races in the UK, and specifically at Chester. Keep in mind that betting may not be open yet for these matches, but as the week wears on you should see odds opening up on Betfair news and local racing sites. On to the races!
Regardless of your reason for keeping horses, it is important to provide them with a safe, warm and nurturing environment. Whether you intend to train them as race horses or simply keep them as beloved family pets, they will need to be given a home where they are stimulated and offered the very finest in nutritional food. With this in mind, it is crucial that you maintain a functional and practically laid out stable that provides your horses with enough space to life comfortably on a daily basis.