08-26-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Farah DeJohnette, Burghley Trivia, Cheap Stud and Tree Service
On today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition we are joined by horse trainer and artist Farah DeJohnette for a chat about finding your way and participating in your horse’s education. Bad Ads features cheap stud and tree service and a rude rooster. Listen in…
Jenni Autry’s husband Josh joins the monthly Shake’n Fork Horse Husband’s Rountable. We talk what we do when the horse wives are not home including favorite TV shows, movies and video games. Plus, we may discuss cleaning stalls and a little about horses. Listen in…
08-24-2016 – MJB Got Faith, Teddy Roosevelt Doppelganger Uncle Jimmy, Templeton Thompson, Horse News
Today we chat with Bree & Brian Carsey about the inspiring story of MJF Got Faith, Jim Urbanski tells us about the big beautiful new facilities for Uncle Jimmy’s Brand, Templeton Thompson stops by for a visit. News stories include a mini rescue, Friesian feature film and much more. Listen in…
08-23-2016 – Women In Rodeo by Horseware Ireland – Little Britches Rodeo, Social Media Tips, Joint Anatomy
This Women in Rodeo by Horseware edition we are joined by National Little Britches Rodeo Queen Elise Wade, Heather & Jennifer share some Social Media Tips and Dr. Waldridge explains joint anatomy. Listen in…
08-22-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Lindsay Partridge in Unbridled, Jamie’s That Girl Weekend, Horse Nation Post Olympic Salve
Today Omega Alpha Equine Ambassador and 2015 RRTP Champion Lindsay Page about her role in the upcoming feature film Unbridled, Horse Nation shares their favorite post Olympic posts and is there ANYTHING cuter than a tiny tot barrel racing on a mini? Listen in…
08-19-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Greg Best Back in USA, Pentathlon, Trade Stallion for Muscle Car
On today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition we are joined by two former Olympians. Show Jumping rock star Greg Best (1988, Show Jumping, USA) talks about Gem Twist, living in New Zealand and his new gig at Dana Hall in MA and Mike Mumford (1984, Pentathlon, Great Britain) talks about Modern Pentathlon, the coolest sport that nobody knows about. Listen in…
This month on our NATRC episode we take a look at some fun ways to improve your trail skills; geocaching on horseback and mounted orienteering with guest Amy Martin. Wayne Tolbert tells us about his NATRC Hall of Fame horse Sienna and Chuck Smith talks about channeling your inner chef on the trail. Listen in….
08-17-2016 – Louisiana Flooding, Hagyard on Equine Piroplasmosis, Latest from the Rio Olympics, Happy Gaston!
Today listener Michelle Barr gives us a report on local efforts to help Louisiana flood victims, Dr. Browne explains Equine Piroplasmosis on the Hagyard horse health report, Barbie explains why her Gypsy Vanner Gaston is so happy and the horse headlines feature wild horses looking for homes, an Olympic update and Jamie’s baby daddy. Listen in…
08-16-2016 by CHA – International Conference Preview, What We Love About CHA, Tim Alderson, Sabine Schleese
On this Certified Horsemanship Association episode we chat with Tim Alderson and Sabine Schleese about the many educational and just pain fun things to do at the CHA International Conference coming up on October 19 – 23 at Middle Tennessee State University plus we have a little fun with a list of things you probably didn’t know about your trainer. Listen in…
Live from the AETA Trade Show highlighting almost a dozen new products coming to market in the fall and winter, Kat from Benefab Products co-hosts as we take a fun look at a variety of new products. Listen in…
Aussie Weekend features New Zealand Eventer and Auditor Emma Champ and competing in the 2nd Annual Australian Brumby Challenge is Amy Eighteen and her cute gelding Bright. Listen in…
Special Friday Episode – Jamie sits down with Monty Roberts and asks him many listener training questions. Topics include lazy horses, Join-Up, Trailering, bucking, pawing and many more. Listen in…
08-11-2016 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – Trick Training with Mary Rivers, No Rein Stop, More Training Q & A
In this Training with Mary Kitzmiller by Horseware we speak with trick trainer and trick riding coach Mary Rivers and Jeff Sims from Trial Guard talks about what we need on board before we hit the road. Mary answers training questions about teaching a stop sans reins, training a second career horse vs. an untouched one. Listen in…
Today we learn about the Drum Horse, catch up with Lauren Lockliear about going viral after catching a loose horse at the Olympics, Horse & Country TV gives the Brit’s view of Rio and Shannon Peters talks about staying back in US as her husband Steffen Peters competes at the Rio Olylmpics. Listen in…
08-09-2016 – Endurance Day – Tevis Adventures with Darice, Wayne’s Tahoe Rim Ride, Karen’s Crew Conundrum
On today’s Endurance Episode features reports on the Olympics, Mongol Derby and of course Tevis Cup with Darice Whyte and Wayne Woolway talks about the Tahoe Rim Trail. Listen in…
- 08-08-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Mark Bellissimo on WEG 2018, Olympic Distractions, Detoxification
- 08-05-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Olympic Broadcast Behind the Scenes with Melanie Smith Taylor, Equi Cool Down, No Beginner Horse
- 08-04-2016 by Clydesdale Breeders – Draft Horse Journal Presents Sparrow’s 40 Horse Hitch and Clyde Breeders
- HITM 08-03-2016 – Monty’s Special Training Begins, Hagyard Equine on Weanlings, Ed Dabney on TV & Horses
- 08-02-2016 Ece Equestrian Jumping by Walsh Products – Run Down to Rio, Performance Coach Becker, Voltaire Smart Saddle
- 08-01-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Monty’s Special Training, World Horse Welfare Stray Horse Control, Olympic Update
- 07-29-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Chincoteague Pony Swim, Diesel Trucks Rock, Ridable Lawn Mower
- HITM 07-28-2016 – Horse Husbands Monthly Roundtable with Louis Ligouri and Patrick McKinney
- 07-27-2016 – Para Olympian Barwick, Joint Anatomy, Triangle X Ranch, Elisa Wallace, Kim Live from Chincoteague
- 07-26-2016 – Women In Rodeo by Horseware Ireland – Barrel Racer Mary Walker, The Bleacher Babe Brianna Bibgee, ’15 MRA Lauren Heaton
- 07-25-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – George Morris Book Review, Karen’s Hellhat Posse, High Horses in History
- 07-22-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Jared Rogerson “Heaven” Release Party
- 07-21-2016 by NATRC – Fly Trick, Heat Stress, Nebraska Trails and Trail Advocates
- 07-20-2016 – Jessica Phoenix, i Rock N Ride, Embryo Transfer with Hagyard, Horse & Country TV
- 07-19-2016 by CHA – Peeves, Problems, Practical Solutions with Beth Powers & Christina Burdick
- 07-18-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Kyle Rothfus OTTB Trainer, Horse Nation Inspired Rant, Eventing Nation Olympic Update
- HITM for 07-15-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Trailering Safely, Anderson Rant Delayed, Pet Holstein Steer
- 07-14-2016 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – America’s Mustang, Donkey Training, Putting On The Brakes
- HITM for 07-13-2016 – Sweat Cosmetics For Horse Gals, Riders Playing Pokeman Go, Horse & Country TV
- 07-12-2016 – Endurance Day – Dr. Bullock on Beating the Heat, Crysta Turnage Tevis 2016, Valerie Ashker Update
- 07-11-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Zeus Makes Eventing Fun Again, Electrolytes & BCAA, Horse Nation
- HITM for 07-08-2016 by Kentucky Performance Products – Glenn’s Rio Rant, Tao of Horsemanship, Author Jaden Terrell
- 07-07-2016 by Omega Alpha Equine – Aussie: Rider Confidence, Agents and Pony Club Australia
- HITM for 07-06-2016 – Potomac Horse Fever, Seaver Super Smart Girth, Rio Team GB, Mustangs in the Marines
- 07-05-2016 Ece Equestrian Jumping by Walsh Products – Rio Olympics, Oldenburg Inspection, Hunt Country Saddlery
At next months Grand National at Aintree, Many Clouds will look to become the first horse to successfully defend its title since the legendary Red Rum in 1974. However, before his date with destiny, trainer Oliver Sherwood looks set to use the Gold Cup at the Cheltenham Festival next week as a test of his horse’s credentials. Having […]
2015 is drawing to a close and the New Year is virtually upon us. Let’s look ahead to the 2016 racing calendar and see if the sport can go from strength to strength within sporting circles and also as part of the mainstream consciousness. What is the most famous young jockey and can they become someone people […]
The 2015 Royal Ascot meeting begins on Tuesday 16th June and is one of the most eagerly anticipated sporting events of the year. The meeting, which attracts over 300,000 spectators every year, is set to feature some of the best flat racers in the world, and will be ridden by a number of the greatest […]
The 5 Best Horse Racing Biographies
Add another horse to the list of serious Kentucky Derby contenders. On Saturday, Materiality won his third race in three career starts with an impressive showing in the Grade 1 Florida Derby. The Todd Pletcher trained colt by Afleet Alex outlasted race favorite Upstart in a heated battle down the stretch to claim his first graded stakes win and punch his ticket for the Kentucky Derby.
There are few achievements in any sport as difficult as winning horse racing’s Triple Crown. It’s not uncommon for a horse to ‘come close’ and win two of the three Triple Crown races—the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes. Forty seven horses have won two of the three Triple Crown races. Twenty three have won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, leaving them on the verge of immortality heading into the Belmont Stakes.
Cheltenham festival is nothing but it is a horse racing festivals. Cheltenham Festival 2015 is done in a huge manner. It was an awesome one; one can enjoy a lot in it. Now it is the time for the wonderful and gorgeous Cheltenham festival which is going to be held on 10th of March 2015. The teams are getting to ready to prepare their team for the festival. All the people are eagerly waiting for the festival. The winner is awarded with a gold cup.
The Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Grand National are without a doubt the two biggest dates in the British racing calendar. Each event brings with it some spectacular sights as well as some dramatic action on the racecourses themselves. For those not fortunate enough to attend the live events there’s always the appeal of taking part in a little gambling action. And unlike so many other events that you can bet on it seems everyone enjoys having a little fun and a flutter on these fantastic races.
This year sees the 168th Grand National as the leading horses, riders, trainers and owners compete to win Europe’s most prestigious racing prize. The three day racing festival takes place at the historic Aintree racecourse in Liverpool from 9 to 11 April and promises the biggest celebration of horse racing ever. So here’s what to expect.
Charity City of Hope has been named as the official charity of this year’s 2014 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, it has been confirmed.
Every Wednesday morning at 10:00 am Eastern a horsey Celebrity plays a three round trivia match against a Horse Radio Network listener. Win fantastic prizes and should the celebrity win the prizes are donated to the celebrity’s charity of choice. SIGN UP TO PLAY today, it is simple: 1. Fill out the form below. 2. […]
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is once again almost upon us and once again it’s Bobs Worth who is the horse to beat. Just a little under two months away, the nine-year-old heads 36 entries for the Cup and is unbeaten at the Festival in three successive races, taking the 2011 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle and the 2012 RSA Chace, before taking the cup in an astonishing win last year.
In looking ahead to upcoming horse races, it can be a bit hard to sort through the pile and focus on the favourites. The bottom line is, there are so many races going on throughout the UK at a given time, that those who wish to really follow horses and bet on races need to be on their toes, keeping track of daily matches and events. That said, however, most of us like to save our betting activity and sport following for the weekends, and with that in mind, here’s a look ahead at some of this coming Friday’s (August 30) races in the UK, and specifically at Chester. Keep in mind that betting may not be open yet for these matches, but as the week wears on you should see odds opening up on Betfair news and local racing sites. On to the races!
Regardless of your reason for keeping horses, it is important to provide them with a safe, warm and nurturing environment. Whether you intend to train them as race horses or simply keep them as beloved family pets, they will need to be given a home where they are stimulated and offered the very finest in nutritional food. With this in mind, it is crucial that you maintain a functional and practically laid out stable that provides your horses with enough space to life comfortably on a daily basis.