Today’s Kentucky Performance Products we chat with Danny Warrington about learning to fall off a horse better with Landsafe Equestrian, guest co-host Lisa Wysocky provides a good laugh with a list of horse selling lies, Glenn has a report from Podfest and bad ads features several paint horses. Listen in…
On today’s show Lisa Wysocky and Jamie chat with Patrick Kayser about the upcoming Southern Equine Expo, Dr. Cubitt explains some nutrition terms, Jim Masterson explains his massage method and we weigh in on mares vs. geldings. Listen in…
On this Certified Horsemanship Association episode CHA Certified Master Instructors Erin Cardea from RI and Tereesa Wentland from WA discuss natural aids. Listen in…
02-20-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – Misty the Personal Pony Shopper, Celebrating Man o’War, Horse Nation
In today’s Omega Alpha Equine Monday edition we chat with Misty Soderquist about pony shopping in Montana, Kip Cornett tells about the upcoming Man o’War Celebration and Horse Nation shares the latest in equine inspired sarcasm. Listen in…
Today’s Kentucky Performance Products we take a hard look at Jamie’s chicken habit, learn about Buckeye the Dressage Mule with Sammi Majors and bad ads features a sound proof gelding and two devil mini horses. Listen in…
Debbie Forrest speaks about how she came to wear helmets thanks to Karen’s HellHat Posse, Distance Depot with a lesson on using GPS units on the trail and a look back at an interview with the late Justin Nelzen. Listen in…
Today’s HorseLoverz.com episode features the Paso Fino horse, the Gut Brain Connection and a review of a new bedding product. Listen in…
Today on Karen Chaton’s Endurance Episode USEF Endurance Chef d’Equipe Mark Dial explains the new team selection protocol, Randy Winter tells us about his invention the Rein Safe and Karen gives a history lesson. Listen in…
02-13-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – ARK at JFK Airport, Trick Rider Ashley Pletcher, Equestrian Valentine Trivia
In today’s Omega Alpha Equine Monday edition we chat with Kristen about ARK at JFK Airport and Ashley Pletcher talks about trick riding. Listeners Gene, Anne, Shona and Charlotte vie for a Kelly Herd Jewelery gift certificate in Valentine Trivia. Listen in…
02-12-2017 Weekend by Road to the Horse – Get to Know Rachael Valentine, Sarah Dawson Plus Stacy Wesfall and Tootie Bland
On this weekend Road to the Horse bonus edition Tammy Sronce joins Glenn to chat with Stacy Westfall, Rachelle Valentine, Sean Patrick, Sarah Dawson and Tootie Bland. Listen in…
02-10-2017 by KPPUSA.com – Ridden Horse Agility, Exmoor Ponies, Not Broke Horses, Heritage Horse Poo
Today’s Kentucky Performance Products edition Vanessa Bee provides a double dose of fun information; first we learn about Exmoor Ponies and then she updates us on the latest offereings from The International Horse Agility Club. Bad Ads features broke and not broke horses and a heritage breed horse poo. Listen in…
02-09-2017 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – Training Aids, Callie Rae King, Being A Fearful Rider
In this Training with Mary Kitzmiller by Horseware we talk about using training aids, Callie Rae King shares her training philosophy, K.I.C.K. Your Fear of Horses author Heidi Johnson McLaughlin talks about being a fearful rider. Listener questions include retraining a bolter, training to halt from the seat. Listen in…
Today’s Equestrian Collections episode features sheath cleaning basics with the Stud Crud Buster Stefanie Guillaume, ND Flax Mill health report has Dr. Frazer from Hagyard Equine explains foal care and Pat Goodwin from tractor Tools direct has how hay gets baled. Listen in…
02-07-2017 Ece Equestrian Jumping – Caitlyn Shiels on Course Walks, Olympian Nona Garson on Moving Up, Listener Q & A
Today Caitlyn Shiels shares some tips on getting the most out of your course walk, Nona Garson talks about moving up in the divisions and to finish out Emily answers some listener questions about jumping. Listen in…
02-06-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – New Vocations Pony Club OTTB Challenge, Football Terms for Horse People and More
In today’s Omega Alpha Equine Monday edition we review the big game commercials according to their horse person appeal, Dr. Chang explains cardiovascular health for horses, Sarah from New Vocations reveals the new USPC OTTB Challenge and Horse Nation has the latest in equine sarcasm and we learn about Gloria Austin’s royal Dress Chariot. Listen in…
- 02-03-2017 by KPPUSA.com – The Dressage Chronicles, Uncle Jimmy and CraftLit, Devil Ponies Wanted
- 02-02-2017 by National Clydesdale Sale – Pennwoods Breeding Program, LaPorte Draft Assoic Empowering Youth, Draft Classic Strong in NV County
- 02-01-2017 – Feeding Flax and Photo Contest, Al-Marah Equine School, Dressage Under the Stars, Chrome Settles Into New Home
- 01-30-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – Live from AETA
- 01-26-2017 by Kentucky Performance Products – Aussie Episode with the Warwick Horses and Wing Walker Vicki Wilson
- HITM 01-26-2016 – Horse Husbands Turned Upside Down with Horse Wives
- 01-25-2017 – Andy Breland Back Country Packing, Latest on Pegasus Cup, What Does THAT Whinny Mean?
- 01-24-2017 by Horseware – Ty Evans Mule Trainer, Western Heritage Cattle Drive, Anti-Soring Act Update from Horse Nation
- 01-23-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – Virginia Range Mustangs, Calling Dr. Hendrix DVM, Horse Nation
- 01-20-2017 by KPPUSA.com – Introducing Freshman Phenom, Chris Irwin on Horse Lifestyle TV, 2 Fluffy Buns
- 01-19-2017 NATRC by Wander Themes – Vacation with Wander Themes, GPS For Horseback Adventures
- 01-18-2017 – FOSH on Passing the PAST Act, Monty Roberts on Lomitas and Hogan, Why Daylight Savings Time
- 01-17-2017 – CHA by MMX.co – Stretches and Exercises for the Rider Both On and Off the Horse
- 01-16-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – Joe Nevills on Pegsus Cup, Pain Management, Monty Names The Foal, Horses of The Crown
- 01-13-2017 by KPPUSA.com – Pink Has A Filly, Jesse Lynn Cowgirl Musician, Brahma Hen Missing Foot
- 01-12-2017 Mary Kitzmiller Training by Horseware – Is Talking To Your Horse Bad, Shawna Karrasch
- 01-11-2017 – Improving Equine Diagnostics, Protein Important for Horses, Reeves Gets Breaking Lucky
- 01-10-2017 Endurance Day – Barn Camera Revelations, Krueger on Ride and Tie, Woodhouse on Winter Conditioning
- 01-09-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – Reeves on Pegasus Cup, Francesca’s Used Horse Stuff, Horse Nation What’s in Your Car
- 01-06-2017 by KPPUSA.com – Pony Tail Sportswear, Feeding Senior Horses, Counterfeit Horse
- 01-05-2017 by Clydesdale Breeders – Brad Messersmith Team Builder, Ken Sandoe Horses & The Law, Don & Carlene Davis Southern States Horse Pulls
- 01-04-2017 – Horse With Mystery Abscess, Foaling Basics, Equestrian Resolutions, Mustang Shenanigans
- 01-03-2017 by Omega Alpha Equine – Nigel’s Hunter Pace, Pink on Foal Watch, Horse Nation Top 5 for 2016
- 12-30-2016 by KPPUSA.com – Equestrian Legends: George Morris, Boyd Martin, Melanie Smith-Taylor, Greg Best
- 12-29-2016 – Classic Re-Visit: Ask A Non-Horse Person, DreamHorse.com, Visit Rome, Don’t Go There Glenn
With the countdown to the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe at Chantilly well underway, news that former favourite La Cressonniere has been pulled from the iconic race will come as a disappointment to many. Trainer Jean-Claude Rouget revealed the the recent winner of the French 1,000 Guineas and Oaks has an injury concern…
At next months Grand National at Aintree, Many Clouds will look to become the first horse to successfully defend its title since the legendary Red Rum in 1974. However, before his date with destiny, trainer Oliver Sherwood looks set to use the Gold Cup at the Cheltenham Festival next week as a test of his horse’s credentials. Having […]
2015 is drawing to a close and the New Year is virtually upon us. Let’s look ahead to the 2016 racing calendar and see if the sport can go from strength to strength within sporting circles and also as part of the mainstream consciousness. What is the most famous young jockey and can they become someone people […]
The 2015 Royal Ascot meeting begins on Tuesday 16th June and is one of the most eagerly anticipated sporting events of the year. The meeting, which attracts over 300,000 spectators every year, is set to feature some of the best flat racers in the world, and will be ridden by a number of the greatest […]
The 5 Best Horse Racing Biographies
Add another horse to the list of serious Kentucky Derby contenders. On Saturday, Materiality won his third race in three career starts with an impressive showing in the Grade 1 Florida Derby. The Todd Pletcher trained colt by Afleet Alex outlasted race favorite Upstart in a heated battle down the stretch to claim his first graded stakes win and punch his ticket for the Kentucky Derby.
There are few achievements in any sport as difficult as winning horse racing’s Triple Crown. It’s not uncommon for a horse to ‘come close’ and win two of the three Triple Crown races—the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes. Forty seven horses have won two of the three Triple Crown races. Twenty three have won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, leaving them on the verge of immortality heading into the Belmont Stakes.
Cheltenham festival is nothing but it is a horse racing festivals. Cheltenham Festival 2015 is done in a huge manner. It was an awesome one; one can enjoy a lot in it. Now it is the time for the wonderful and gorgeous Cheltenham festival which is going to be held on 10th of March 2015. The teams are getting to ready to prepare their team for the festival. All the people are eagerly waiting for the festival. The winner is awarded with a gold cup.
The Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Grand National are without a doubt the two biggest dates in the British racing calendar. Each event brings with it some spectacular sights as well as some dramatic action on the racecourses themselves. For those not fortunate enough to attend the live events there’s always the appeal of taking part in a little gambling action. And unlike so many other events that you can bet on it seems everyone enjoys having a little fun and a flutter on these fantastic races.
This year sees the 168th Grand National as the leading horses, riders, trainers and owners compete to win Europe’s most prestigious racing prize. The three day racing festival takes place at the historic Aintree racecourse in Liverpool from 9 to 11 April and promises the biggest celebration of horse racing ever. So here’s what to expect.
Charity City of Hope has been named as the official charity of this year’s 2014 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, it has been confirmed.
Every Wednesday morning at 10:00 am Eastern a horsey Celebrity plays a three round trivia match against a Horse Radio Network listener. Win fantastic prizes and should the celebrity win the prizes are donated to the celebrity’s charity of choice. SIGN UP TO PLAY today, it is simple: 1. Fill out the form below. 2. […]
The Cheltenham Gold Cup is once again almost upon us and once again it’s Bobs Worth who is the horse to beat. Just a little under two months away, the nine-year-old heads 36 entries for the Cup and is unbeaten at the Festival in three successive races, taking the 2011 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle and the 2012 RSA Chace, before taking the cup in an astonishing win last year.
In looking ahead to upcoming horse races, it can be a bit hard to sort through the pile and focus on the favourites. The bottom line is, there are so many races going on throughout the UK at a given time, that those who wish to really follow horses and bet on races need to be on their toes, keeping track of daily matches and events. That said, however, most of us like to save our betting activity and sport following for the weekends, and with that in mind, here’s a look ahead at some of this coming Friday’s (August 30) races in the UK, and specifically at Chester. Keep in mind that betting may not be open yet for these matches, but as the week wears on you should see odds opening up on Betfair news and local racing sites. On to the races!
Regardless of your reason for keeping horses, it is important to provide them with a safe, warm and nurturing environment. Whether you intend to train them as race horses or simply keep them as beloved family pets, they will need to be given a home where they are stimulated and offered the very finest in nutritional food. With this in mind, it is crucial that you maintain a functional and practically laid out stable that provides your horses with enough space to life comfortably on a daily basis.